Direto power off by around 50 watts

Moderators: Elite Admin S, Elite Admin M

devinknickerbocker

Re: Direto power off by around 50 watts

Postby devinknickerbocker » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 pm

How did you tell that it's off by 50 watts from "reality", meaning, what are you using to determine reality?

50 watts does sound like a lot, but remember it might always be lower than a crank based power meter because of heat/efficiency loss in the system. Mine is about 20 watts below my Stages and my power2max. I just try to keep that in mind, or i use the smart trainer to control resistance but the Stages or Power2Max to measure the power.

cedricg_38

Postby cedricg_38 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 pm

I will check next week with my new power meter pedals. One thing is sure, reporter power changed a lot before/after calibration even if i didn't touch the belt tension.

matz

Postby matz » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:04 am

I would doubt the Stages Powermeter to be precise enough to be a comparision tool. I have 2 of them and they are good for having an idea of the wattage range you are in but they constantly report more watts than I actually put out. I have a calibrated Ergometer as a reference and Precision 4iiii Powermeter. Both the Ergometer and the 4iiii are spot on the same wattage. Using the 4iiii on the Direto shows that the Direto is spot on with the 4iiii. According to this none scientific test I would say the Direto is as accurate as a trainer can be.
After I did the belt tensioning process and calibration, the offset value hasn‘t changend at all over the last 2 month. Along with the Zwift bug fixes, the Direto is an awesome experience.

Cheers, Matz

cedricg_38

Postby cedricg_38 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:20 am

It will be favero assioma duo so if i have more than 10W of difference between Assioma and Direto, then it is not normal.
I expect 5-10W higher with pedals than direto.

cedricg_38

Postby cedricg_38 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Hello, I checked with Assioma Duo and power of direto is 3-5W higher than assioma. So it is close but i expected higher values comming from power measurement at pedals due to loss in transmission.

Regards

Return to “Direto”