Trainer Question

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jay197

Trainer Question

Postby jay197 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:57 pm

I just purchased the Elite Drivo trainer. I am kind of wishing I woudl have bought the Direto after reading the DC Rainmaker review on it.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/eli ... eview.html

Can anyone tell me if Elite will be adding dual left / right power measurement & Bluetooth Smart FTMS (Fitness Machine Service) ability to the Drivo? I understand the Drivo had the bigger flywheel, is more accurate and allows a greater incline and maximum power, but I would really like it to have the dual power measurement ability...

Elite Admin S

Re: Trainer Question

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:17 am

Hi

For Drivo, it is already available the pedal analysis, which allows you to check the difference between the left and the right pedal stroke.
About the FTMS, I confirm you that in few months we will release an app that will be able to upgrade the firmware of the trainers. In that occasion, a new Drivo firmware with the FTMS support will be available.

Regards

ebpt.optimalfitness

Postby ebpt.optimalfitness » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 am

Is there any news on this firmware update for Elite Drivo, was promised a new app in September would be available that would allow us to FTMS and update from within app?
Seems extraordinary that your flagship trainer is not being supported as well as it should be?

jay197

Postby jay197 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 pm

I was also wondering when the firmware update for the Drivo will be available. I was under the impression this was coming out last year.

mafia.warsguru

Postby mafia.warsguru » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:17 am

What is the update on this and why should I have to add an app on my phone? This on every aspect has made me regret buying the drivo. This thing drops ant signals left and right, the first unit died in less than 3 weeks, and still wondering why the power meter reading are so far off..........I am smoking the pedals in zwift and cant get over 720 watts.......I put out right at 1320 watts for short bursts in the real world. If I could get my money back or even take a 500 dollar loss. I would be happy. /rant

I hope a software upgrade makes this thing more reliable because right now its the worst 1300 dollars ever spent

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am

@mafia.warsguru,

I see that you are already in contact with our customer care to analyze the situation.
Please follow the instructions that the technician is asking you to understand the problem.

Regards

jay197

Postby jay197 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:57 pm

Please update on status of firmware update for the Drivo.

sichaelmullivan

Postby sichaelmullivan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 am

Is this update ever gonna be released?

Return to “Trainers general discussion”