map and gps data upload to strava

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

garrymoore21

map and gps data upload to strava

Postby garrymoore21 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:13 pm

do elite have any plans to add map and gps dater to ride uploads to strava. zwift does this no problem. it is a real shame its not as i do like the real video rides but its a pain taking photos of the data on screen and adding them to strava after uploading ride. please do not get left behind by the likes of zwift.

Elite Admin S

Re: map and gps data upload to strava

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm sorry, it's not on our schedule yet :(

mpaggiaro@gmail.com

Postby mpaggiaro@gmail.com » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Could we have this useful function ? It's important to compare several rides done on the same lap !

mglaza

Postby mglaza » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Really? I just bought trainer and did first MyRealVid route. This is cool but I wanted to export to Strava, tcx whatever and cannot! Very dissapointed. Good that I got this poor subscription for free :|

stephen.r.gunn

Postby stephen.r.gunn » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:I'm sorry, it's not on our schedule yet :(

Hi. Please could I +1 this request, and ask that you add this basic functionality to your improvement schedule for this app? It seems pointless to be able to upload the activity to Strava, but without the GPS and elevation data that is so readily available!

Strava is all about comparing performance over a particular course or segment, so including this data in the export is fundamental.

aldesr

Postby aldesr » Mon May 11, 2020 4:49 pm

So I will copy here a request I sent to Elite support by mail. Subject was TCX export of map tour data.

<<
My E-Training will export TIME - DISTANCE - POWER - CADENCE - HEART FREQUENCY - SPEED data fields.

A similar program Kettler World Tours will export the same 6 data fields, but also ALTITUDE - LATITUDE - LONGITUDE - SLOPE.

These additional geo-localization data fields are used by Strava, Golden Cheetah, TP WKO, and other softwares to analyze course sections/laps, to compare with other activities or athletes.

WHY IS MY E-TRAINING NOT EXPORTING THESE DATA FIELDS ? (this is a major redhibitive shortcoming of Elite's application)
>>

It's such a pity product manager or designer of sport tools do not understand GEO data have to be exportable when a MAP tour.

Same remark about pedaling metrics. We are buying expensive Direto (X) and Drivo trainers using OTS power metering. But, hey, their software won't export Torque Efficiency, Pedaling Smoothness, Power Balance. Don't even display the values.

paulenanja

Postby paulenanja » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:11 pm

I completely agree: please add lat-lon-altitude to the exported data!

hernandez_christ

Postby hernandez_christ » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 pm

Same request here (but also a direct connection to garmin connect).
It is a shame the topic has been raised 2 years ago and despite it is a quick win for elite we don't even get an update.
I bought a very nice Suito but the app is not up to the mark. The video concept is great, don't give up!

elfrances

Postby elfrances » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:01 pm

Same issue.

I did my first virtual ride on my new Suito using the Windows version of the myETraining app, and after sweating my brain out for over two hours, I exported the activity to Strava just to find out that it was tagged as a Workout instead of a Virtual Ride, and it had no GPS track or elevation data !!! :shock:

Given that the RealVideo virtual route already has the GPS/elevation info, why is it that this info is stripped off when the activity is exported?

It is such a BASIC feature that's missing here, that it is hard to believe Elite would not have fixed it in more than 2 YEARS since the original request.

Or is it that Elite has given up on its myETraining app, and expect people to use Zwift, Rouvy, etc to control its trainers? That would be such a shame....

Marcelo

mats

Postby mats » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:50 pm

This is crap. Why not add location?
It can't be many line of code to implement that.
And totally worth it to get happy customers instead of disappointed.

/M

Return to “My e-training”