Test FTP/average power with My E-Training?

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

LJdZ

Test FTP/average power with My E-Training?

Postby LJdZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi!
Is there any possibility to test my FTP or average power over an 20 minute effort using the My E-Training-app? If not, are there other possibilities to test my FTP using my Elite Turno Smart Fluid Trainer?

Kind regards

Elite Admin S

Re: Test FTP/average power with My E-Training?

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am

Sorry, I'm not sure to have understood your question.
In my e-training app the avarage power is showed during the training and also in the final history data.

Regards

nc

Postby nc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am

I think he would like to know if there is the possibility to see average "segment" power during a free training...
For example, if i do a 15' warm up and then 20' at 250w; how i could seee the average power sustained during 20' interval?

LJdZ

Postby LJdZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure to have understood your question.
In my e-training app the avarage power is showed during the training and also in the final history data.

Regards

Thanks! I've looked more carefully in the app and found the average power option. However, I find the measured power to "jump" around quite a lot on my Turno trainer. When I try to maintain 200W over a period of time, it seems impossible! The watts will constantly drop with for instance 5-15 watts, or increase by 5-15 watts although I feel my speed and cadence is quite consistent. The watts always differ. That makes it difficult to accurately measure my ftp. Is this normal, and something I need to accept, or could there be something wrong with the calibration?

nc

Postby nc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm

LJdZ wrote:

Regards

Thanks! I've looked more carefully in the app and found the average power option. However, I find the measured power to "jump" around quite a lot on my Turno trainer. When I try to maintain 200W over a period of time, it seems impossible! The watts will constantly drop with for instance 5-15 watts, or increase by 5-15 watts although I feel my speed and cadence is quite consistent. The watts always differ. That makes it difficult to accurately measure my ftp. Is this normal, and something I need to accept, or could there be something wrong with the calibration?
Hi! could tell me where did you get the average segment value :) ?

Thanks a lot!

LJdZ

Postby LJdZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 pm

nc wrote:
LJdZ wrote:

Regards

Thanks a lot!

Hi, nc!
Unfortunately I have not found a way to measure the average power for a specific segment when I ride. But for testing ftp I will try do to a warm up using the Level Mode, and when I start the 20 min. effort I will quit the Level Mode, start it over again and then stop it again after 20 min. I guess that will be the only way to measure average power?

nc

Postby nc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 am

LJdZ wrote:
nc wrote:
LJdZ wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Hi, nc!
Unfortunately I have not found a way to measure the average power for a specific segment when I ride. But for testing ftp I will try do to a warm up using the Level Mode, and when I start the 20 min. effort I will quit the Level Mode, start it over again and then stop it again after 20 min. I guess that will be the only way to measure average power?
thanks Ljdz formthe answer!
It the simplest way to do the trick.. but i think that it’s a lack of the app...
thanks a lot!!

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Guys, I'll forward your discussion to the development team (about the avarage power in single segment).

About the steadiness of power value with Turno, I'd like to see some graph.
Can you do a training and send me the resulting graph so I can check it?
Or, if you prefer, you can export the training and send the file to our customer care at real@elite-it.com explaining the situation and the guys there will give you their ideas-

Regards

franciscopalacios

Postby franciscopalacios » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi there,
I think the point is whether there is an option in the app to set the actual watts in a way that you see, for instance, a 3 second-avarage watts instead of actual watts. That way you would avoid high fluctuation and it would be easier to follow a work-out where fixed amount of watts is required for certain period of time.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:36 am

@franciscopalacios,

that option is the power smoothing option in advanced settings ;)

Regards

Return to “My e-training”