Video file format

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

tynyrhos

Video file format

Postby tynyrhos » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Anyone know what format the mobile app uses for videos? The Windows version uses MP4... but the mobile app videos have no extension and won't open with any of my players. First few characters of the file say "ftypM4V M4V M4A isommp42 "

Paddy in Wales

tynyrhos

Re: Video file format

Postby tynyrhos » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:54 pm

To reply to myself, as the answer may be of interest to other users: if you add a MOV extension you can for instance edit the file with Movie Maker, reverse left to right to be cycling on your familiar side of the road, and save out. Remember to back up the original file in case of problems, and to remove the MOV extension before putting back into the original folder, android\data\com.elite.myetraining\files\Download on my Fire tablet.
Paddy

tynyrhos

Re: Video file format

Postby tynyrhos » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:08 am

You can also use the MP4 extension the view and edit the video, before again removing the extension, which Android Etraining does not like. I found a MyRealVideo that was downloadable on both PC and Android versions, and compared the two downloads with Total Commander file manager (a very useful piece of software!). They were identical. I was even able to transfer and run an MP4 video from the PC on the Android tablet by removing the MP4 extension and placing the file and its corresponding CSV file in the android data folder (data\com.elite.myetraining\files\download).
Useful since the MyRealVideos library on offer to each system is mostly different.

Return to “My e-training”