Heart rate monitor not detected

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

sesan

Heart rate monitor not detected

Postby sesan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:20 am

Goodmorning everyone,

I recently installed the My e-training software on Android smartphones.
The software did not detect the Garmin heart rate monitor (paired with a Garmin 520) and it does not even detect the cadence sensor.
I have tried both ant + and Bluetooth mode.

Also there is someone who can explain to me how to register the free month of Zwuift (I did not succeed;))

Can someone help me?

Best regards

Massimo

Elite Admin S

Re: Heart rate monitor not detected

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 am

First thing to check in these cases are the protocols supported by the device.
Indeed, the external sensors must be paired with the device, not with the trainer.

For example, if you have an ant+ heart rate belt, your smartphone/tablet must support the ant+.

Other thing to check (especially if you use bluetooth) is if the sensor is already coupled with another device (for example to a Garmin device).
Bluetooth doesn't allow multiple connections.

Regards

JoyceHobbs

Postby JoyceHobbs » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 pm

I’ve had this problem before when the strap is getting to the end of its useful life. I didn’t know until fairly recently that Garmin consider the straps to be ‘consumables’; I think they eventually get gunked up with salt. I’ve had better luck swapping out to a Polar strap (fits the Garmin pod), but next time I might give one of the$5 ebay ones a go.

gazieurt

Postby gazieurt » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:26 am

My experience has been that the strap wears down as its useful life nears an end. Straps are considered consumables by Garmin, and as a result, I think they eventually get gummy with salt, since they get gunked up. Up until recently, I had no idea. This works better for me with the Polar strap (fits the Garmin pod), but next time I may try the $5 eBay strap.

Return to “My e-training”