Creating maps from KML on MacBook running Catalina 10.15.5

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jerry.webb

Creating maps from KML on MacBook running Catalina 10.15.5

Postby jerry.webb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 pm

So the page here: https://www.elite-it.com/en/products/ap ... e-training says "Google Maps lets you create personalized courses from anywhere in the world and match the pedal resistance based on the altimetry to that you would experience on the real course.

Maps can be displayed in many ways.

*Simple map. <- This works
*Satellite view <- This works
*Elevation mode <- Does not work
*Perspective view" <- Does not work
I have created a KML file using https://www.google.com/maps/d/ and it does import into the desktop application, but there is no elevation/altimetry data - the ride is all flat. Is this a bug or a feature with the software, and does it work on other platforms please?

Elite Admin S

Re: Creating maps from KML on MacBook running Catalina 10.15.5

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:55 am

Contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com.
Add the kml file and also specify which software you used to create the kml and all the details

Regards

kevb99

Re: Creating maps from KML on MacBook running Catalina 10.15.5

Postby kevb99 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:42 pm

I just bought a set of Arion b+ rollers and thought I would try the KML thing today. I have several rides and routes i've created in map my ride (www.mapmyride.com). If you create a route, or have one already, open it in the webpage; there is a tab labelled 'More' that will give you the option to download KML, just download it. I found it works pretty well in terms of incline change.

Return to “My e-training”