Direto Service.

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Stuart

Direto Service.

Postby Stuart » Sun May 10, 2020 4:53 pm

I have been the owner of an Elite Direto Trainer since March 2019. It has completed over 22,000km and not a single problem. I am worried that it may start to have problems in the future. Should I have this trainer serviced or any of the moving parts replaced? This product has been really reliable so far and I would not like to be without a trainer at these times.
Regards,
Stuart Cook

Johny32

Re: Direto Service.

Postby Johny32 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:49 pm

I am also a owner of a Direto since December 2018 with much less kms than your's. In the past month my Direto's belt broke, and despite the pandemic and transport constraints,the replacement kit arrived in less than a week! So, I couldn't be happier with the treatment and warranty services from the Elite team.
However, I have read it many times in this forum, (about this problem) and so I am afraid it will happen again, because it seems to me that it is a problem of conception and not a problem of misuse.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi guys

After we had problems with the first belt production, we have improved the quality of the belts. This happened around a couple of years ago.
All the trainers produced then mounted the new belt. And all of the belt that we have replaced are the new ones (and we have replaced them all for free of course).

From that moment, this kind of issue has almost disappeared ;)

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Tue May 12, 2020 11:58 am

So no need to service or replace belts etc?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue May 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Yes, I confirm!

Regards

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Tue May 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks
Stuart

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Dont know which type of belt was used before, but im pretty sure that the main cause of most broken belts after that improvement, was caused by the small clearence on the pulley. I wish i was wrong but... =/Even the new replacement kit has this same issue. Thats why i said "it seems to me that it is a problem of conception and not a problem of misuse."

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 am

Johnny,

we've changed also the guide pulley when we changed the belt, they come in pairs.
We've improved both

Regards

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Johnny,

we've changed also the guide pulley when we changed the belt, they come in pairs.
We've improved both

Regards

Hi,
During a workout today i listen sometimes a knocking sound coming from the Direto. After deassemble and reassemble the belt and the pulley, the knocking sound only appears if i turn backwards the flywheel of the trainer.
But since i was pretty sure that the new pulley that was sent to me during the month of April, after a issue that i had with the belt (broken belt), i decided to see how the pulley was and... the pulley has a small clearence.

I've recorded a video in order to the Elite team could check it, just to confirm if its normal, or not.

Thanks

Best Regards

fahadrgp@gmail.com

Postby fahadrgp@gmail.com » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:12 am

Hello there,
During an exercise today I listen some of the time a thumping sound coming from the Direto. After deassemble and reassemble the belt and the pulley, the thumping sound possibly shows up assuming I turn in reverse the flywheel of the mentor.vocal.media/beat/lag-ja-gale-lyrics-lata-mangeshkar-woh-kaun-thi vocal.media/beat/breathless-song-lyrics-shankar-mahadevan

However, since I was almost certain that the new pulley that was shipped off me during the period of April, after an issue that I had with the belt (broken belt), I chose to perceive how the pulley was and... the pulley has a little clearence.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”