EliteMyTraining Training Test Phase 3

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

mabruk66

Postby mabruk66 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi,
I don't exactly understand what should I do on phase 3. Especially the last 5 minutes. Do I have to crank whatever I have got. The arrows which blink up and down to slow or speed up don't appear in the last 5 minutes. So do I have to ramp up and drain whatever I have got or should I do something else. I read all the explanations but there is an information gap in Phase 3.
In the last test I had the conclusion of: Critical Power=322, Thresold Power=332
I don't think it should be that high. It should be something around 310-315 watts.
Attachments
training-test-myetraining.jpg
training-test-myetraining.jpg (143 KiB) Viewed 13558 times

Elite Admin S

Re: EliteMyTraining Training Test Phase 3

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 pm

In the last phase you have to keep your heart rate costant (the app will adjust the resistance to help you keeping it at the target value). That's the only important thing in this part of the test.
The values you've reported seems to be very similar to what you expected (10w of difference is not much). Can you explain me why you think they are wrong?

Regards

mabruk66

Postby mabruk66 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Yes, I did as you explained. In the beginning of phase 3 the software ramps up very high and makes yo tire quickly and then it begins to decrease the power so much that the pedals begin to spin very easily and my heart rate drops very quickly below my target hearth rate (which is 150). So I have to change gears and make it harder for myself. I mean I have to control it on my own. The software recognises the situation later than me.

As a conclusion I'm trying to stay in my target heart rate zone in the last five minutes as accurate as I can (which is 150 +-3).
What if I stay in the zone of 160-165?
Does it effect the result? Will it read my FTP lower or greater? I think it will read it greater...

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:14 am

Not good. :?

In the third phase, the trainer resistance should be adjusted to keep your heart costant. If the heart rate increases, the resistance should gradually decrease. If the heart rate decreases too much, the resistance should increase.
If this won't happen, it may be that there's something wrong (a disconnection of a malfunctioning of the trainer or the software).

Please do again the test and let's see if it happens again. Take note of how the resistance react and let me know.

About the heart rate, please please please be very careful!
I'm not a doctor or a couch, but it may be dangerous to work out of your high zone. Also, if the heart rate continues to increase even when the resistance/effort decreases, it may indicate that there's something going wrong with your heart. In this case, stop training and consult a medical expert.

mabruk66

Postby mabruk66 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Ok, but the thing I want to understand is it normal that in the beginning of the 3rd phase the software ramps up above the target heart rate which mine is (150). Is it trying to test my max heart rate? After 4-5 minutes it decreases the power. Is this normal.

My max is 181. So don't worry I'm an experienced athlete. And I won the championship 2017 XCM Master 50+ in Turkey this year.
And I'm very satisfied with the Elite Drive and the MyETraining software itself. Before I hated indoor trainers. But now I am in love with Drivo. It changed my whole performance in a very positive way.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:58 am

No, it is not normal. The resistance should change only if your heart rate is changing. Maybe there has been some disconnection.
If it continues to happen, please contact our customer care at real@elite-it.com to investigate further.

Regards

mabruk66

Postby mabruk66 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Ok, thanks very much for the info.

Jone

Postby Jone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 am

I have the same problem with Direto trainer.
Target heartrate 154 and software allows my heartrate drop under 150beats in final 10min. (third phase).
I have mailed customer care about this problem.
No solutions so far.
You get wrong results at training test.
Trainings get way too easy.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Jone

I've asked to the person that has followed your case.
He confirm me that there is a little bug on the final part that the test (we will fix it in next release).
To be precise, the software waits until your heart rate drops of more than 4 points before increasing the resistance to keep your heart high (it should do it at 3 points). This is something that doesn't influence the result of the test or the generated trainings.

The generated trainings are calculated from your heart rate values in accordance with a study made by a professionist.
If the test is made properly, the generated trainings should work properly to increase gradually your level. Also consider that not all the trainings are hard, the four weeks program provides for recovering sessions also.

Regards

Jone

Postby Jone » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:18 am

Have you fixed this issue yet?
Changelogs doesnt say anything about that problem has been fixed.
Trainings that software generates are way too easy, you dont reach correct heart rate values on intervals or sweet spot area.

Return to “My e-training”