Direto w/ 11 speed Ultegra

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

tacobrink

Re: Direto w/ 11 speed Ultegra

Postby tacobrink » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 am

Yes I believe that I have the same problem . I have installed two brand new ultegra cassette and used two different bikes. Same results. When I shift past midpoint toward the smaller rings the chain begins to grind and skip. When I look back down at the cassette it looks almost like the sprockets are bent or crooked. Is it possible the hub of the direto is bent at the outer end? It is something I don't think we should need to accept? Any suggestion appreciated. Can I get a replacement hub?

djburton

Postby djburton » Thu May 02, 2019 3:05 pm

I have the same issue also, was planning to take some video of it skipping to try to identify exactly how it occurs but I suspect flex / lack of security in the frame to QR skewer interface as one recent poster has suggested. However I don't think it's acceptable to write it off as some frames just not being a good fit for direct drive trainers. The trainer should be compatible with all typical road bike frames.

Anyone else made any progress with this issue?

wtnchiverton

Postby wtnchiverton » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 pm

I've got the same problem and it seems to be caused by the hanger flexing. Has a fix been indentified yet? It's a bit disconcerting the Elite Admin have gone quiet on this thread. If there isn't a solution it would be good to confirm so I can at least return the trainer.

ninoPlay12

Postby ninoPlay12 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am

I guess it would be neat impossible to have all auto clickercasettes on all frames just fit without any word unscramblermunir setup. I find I also usually jumble solver need to ajust the indexing during the season as cabling streaches ect.
Hope this info could be helpfull for some.

e ne pense pas qu'il soit acceptable de l'écrire, car certains cadres ne conviennent tout simplement pas aux entraîneurs à entraînement direct. L'entraîneur doit être compatible avec tous les cadres de vélo de route typiques.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”