Elite Drivo II noise (from body)

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

kspaar66

Elite Drivo II noise (from body)

Postby kspaar66 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:18 am

I've my Drivo II since 2 months and since some time it makes terrible noise from the plastic body when pushing the bike to the left/right.
See https://youtu.be/s77k4WHmC_M for more details.

Any idea how to fix this?

dnservis@otenet.gr

Re: Elite Drivo II noise (from body)

Postby dnservis@otenet.gr » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 am

I believe you have not secured properly the washers coming together with the trainer. Look at the instructions. What kind of skewers and axle you are running?

juhalehtinen

Postby juhalehtinen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:36 pm

I have exactly same noise. Legs are perfectly tighten so the noise isn't from there. Is kspaar66 found where that noise come?.

juhalehtinen

Postby juhalehtinen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:35 pm

All well, no creaking noise. Trainer wasn't stable so i need to adjust the feet better.

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:56 am

kspaar66 wrote:I've my Drivo II since 2 months and since some time it makes terrible noise from the plastic body when pushing the bike to the left/right.
See https://youtu.be/s77k4WHmC_M for more details.

Any idea how to fix this?

Yes, you need to lube the leg attached to the main body. I used silicone lube.

goatknob

Postby goatknob » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:08 pm

I too have this same noise, mostly noticeable when I sit up or when my pedaling becomes sloppy, not as clear cut as yours. I am planning to open up the unit to try tightening the bolt on the hinge. Nylon washers should be in here. Lube is never a real permanent fix for what is supposed to be a static point, and all the side load from the bike is carried through this sloppy hinge.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 am

Guys,

if you have any strange noise from the trainer, contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com and send us a short video in which we can hear the noise and understand the possible cause

Regards

kspaar66

Postby kspaar66 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi, sorry for my late reply.
the noise was fixed by sending back the Drivo 2 to the seller. As far as I know the seller sent it to Elite to fix it. I was told that that the free-wheeling was not tightened.
Since I have it back I've used it only twice and the issue is fixed (as far as you can say when using just twice) - no more strange noise from the body.

Hope it helps ...

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 am

That's good. Mine is the plastic around the metal leg. spraying with silicone lube around the base area solved the problem.

Your noise sounded just like mine.

Scorfield

Postby Scorfield » Thu May 30, 2019 1:50 pm

In any case, I dig into all the changes – including resistance speed changes and accuracy in this full in-depth review. I’ve had a media loaner for a while, which will head back to them once I’ve wrapped up with it here soon MyKFCExperience. If you found the review useful you can hit up the links at the bottom.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”