Drivo II - firmware update

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

scoob

Drivo II - firmware update

Postby scoob » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:23 am

Given there's a one year thread on the Drivo, the answer is maybe the same for the Drivo II - no firmware update yet? But thought I'd ask in case it's different

Out of interest - I have the app on an ioS device, and I have the app on a windows PC - I can't see how a firmware update would be applied, nor can I find a list of firmware updates for the device.

Can you advise?

Or should I just post in the Drivo thread as it's possibly same for both trainers?

mgfjd

Re: Drivo II - firmware update

Postby mgfjd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:33 am

Why would you need a firmware update for the drivo II? any known issues? I haven't had issues to report yet.

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 am

A curious question to answer a question. I read your reply as implying my question was a stupid question. Which isn’t particularly helpful, but hey I’ll answer it anyway.

I would like to understand how I check that my firmware is up to date on my device, as I do with most hardware items I own that have firmware. Whether (in a cycling context) that be a trainer, pedals, various other gadgets I own. It’s a fairly common process to check for a firmware update upon first use of a product.

And I cannot find a method of checking my firmware is up to date, nor a method to update it

Therefore I would expect Elite to let me know if that is indeed possible or whether I don’t need to worry or not. And this forum seems to be a great place to enable Elite to answer questions such as this (as Elite have done in the past if I remember correctly)

Is that an acceptable thing to do on this forum?

roberthorrocks

Postby roberthorrocks » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:35 pm

I agree with you Martin - if there is a firmware update i want it , perfectly reasonable request .
I have a Drivo and would like it to be up to date but do not know how to do this .

scoob

Postby scoob » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:21 pm

Hey. Thanks for the reply.
It appears there may even be a reason for firmware updates. Unless it’s simply the hardware at at fault.
I’ve been puzzling over why the best trainer there is at changing power levels seems to be the slowest I’ve ever experienced.

Nothing else having changed (same desktop, same ANT dongle, same house location) I’ve had a Real Turbo Muin, which changed pretty darn fast and I always liked it
It failed and was replaced with a Neo. Also changed pretty darn quickly.
The Drivo II is supposed to me the fastest ... 3x faster than the previous incarnation.

It is taking me 10-12s to change power on intervals. Including a drop on the way even. That is destroying some workouts that were fine with both previous trainers.

Wonder if it’s firmware.

I’ll post this as a separate thread.

kiola10

Postby kiola10 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:53 am

scoob wrote:Hey. Thanks for the reply.
It appears there may even be a reason for firmware updates. Unless it’s simply the hardware at at fault.
I’ve been puzzling over why the best trainer there is at changing power levels seems to be the slowest I’ve ever experienced.

Nothing else having changed (same desktop, same ANT dongle, same house location) I’ve had a Real Turbo Muin, which changed pretty darn fast and I always liked it
It failed and was replaced with a Neo. Also changed pretty darn quickly.
The Drivo II is supposed to me the fastest ... 3x faster than the previous incarnation.

It is taking me 10-12s to change power on intervals. Including a drop on the way even. That is destroying some workouts that were fine with both previous trainers.

Wonder if it’s firmware.

I’ll post this as a separate thread.

Hello,

I do have the same problem with interval trainings. Sometimes, the power drop off for a few seconds. That is not ok in the middle of a workout. With specific training, I have to use the cadence information. But sometimes those informations are totaly wrong. like 50t/min @ 250W.
I tryed to set up the cadence sensor, but it doesn't work better. How to set it up correctly ? Can anyone help me ?

adrian.matka123

Postby adrian.matka123 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Any news? We still waiting for the update. So sad that I chose this trainer without hope for any updates

flimps

Postby flimps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:09 pm

A year has gone by and looks they have not fixed it.
My drivo reads 10-15 watts above any other powermeter.

They said the difference lies on that the powermeters reading on the pedals or cranks, chain dispersion, etc. The reality is wahoo provides same reading as pedal and cranks powermeters while drivo does not.

The problem lies in their BLE connection. Either they dont want to say they know this or acknowledge.

Returning my drivo this saturday. End of story

mcbarnard

Postby mcbarnard » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:45 am

The problem remains a very slow ramp up of power in ERG mode, exacerbated by a power dip during the upramp. There are clearly many users with the same frustration. This is a very good trainer, but it desperately needs a firmware fix. When can we expect a firmware update?

stuart.hendry76

Postby stuart.hendry76 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:53 am

Have you tried ERG sessions in the small chainring?

I have a Drivo Mk1 and was having the same issue with power fluctuating around the required level on ERG workouts. I read on another forum to use the small chainring and this works perfectly. I also changed power smoothing to 10 using the Elite App.

It takes around 10 seconds to reach the level required and holds it there within 2-3 watts as the cadence fluctuates, which is of course realistic as it's impossible to hold the exact same level of watts over an extended period.
I prefer it to ramp over 10 seconds or so to the high watts level on an interval so it's not like hitting a wall.

Added bonus that it levels the amount of wear on the chainrings as people spend most time in the large chainring in real riding.

From a workout I did on Zwift earlier.

Drivo.jpg
Drivo.jpg (97.27 KiB) Viewed 9026 times

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”