Drivo II - ERG control extremely slow

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

okhn

Re: Drivo II - ERG control extremely slow

Postby okhn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

new2drivo wrote:Bottom line is it is impossible to complete the sets as prescribed. If keep cadence steady and let the resistence/power 'come to you' then its at least 10secs before getting to target so only 5 secs of work at the expected power.

The Elite support has changed parameters on my Drivo II. It took a couple of days but they were super nice and knowledgeable.

Responsiveness is fixed. It is almost too fast as large jumps of power change can now easily lead to Spiral of Death. When you see how fast the Drivo II can change the resistance you understand that Elite was trying a compromise between feasibility of the trainer and the user. I saw similar complaints for the Neo of a too fast change that people were not able to cope with it.

Depending on your capabilities you might go back an ask them to soften responsiveness....Beware!

It is purely a configuration. Seeing immediate relief at the end of the interval is very refreshing! Going into the interval might be very subjective of what is right and wrong - what is good for one person might not be good for the other one.

I am super happy now with my Drivo II. Road feel is excellent, responsiveness is excellence and sound (quietness) is good enough for me.

Overall it took less than two weeks from reaching out to Elite until the issue was solved. Yes, two days would have been better but for a satisfactory solution this ok. Thanks to the Elite Support!

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Great to hear. And this confirms what everyone thinks. elite have known for some time.

Elite have a great opportunity to just tell people this I think (rather than all the time it takes to get people to run diagnostics when it’s cleerlt a config matter)
Anyway that’s for Elite

I’m really pleased it’s worked out well and therefore there is a common solution for all presumably.

My new (Tacx) trainer is already on its way. My Elite goes back Friday.
Shame it’s too late for me as I so wanted this to be what was advertised. It’s got so many great features. Just a shame not backed up with software and firmware and probably an overworked support team.
Maybe if Elite made this visible (seeing as they’ve known for months) and made a software config option available to us then none of us would have gone through this.

Shame.

andrews

Postby andrews » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Can I ask how have elite changed the config of your drivo? Is this via the app?
Thanks

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:19 am

Orig poster can confirm ... in the interim though my understanding is Elite will remotely login to your computer and use an interface only they have access to to update your config.

Which for such an advanced bit of kit is a real shame. As if it’s config, then make it a setting in the app.
Responsiveness 1-10 (or whatever range) and then user can pick.

Great hardware, but the software and firmware hasn’t been developed to match the hardware by the looks of it (yet). Maybe it’ll all follow on.

okhn

Postby okhn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am

andrews wrote:Can I ask how have elite changed the config of your drivo? Is this via the app?
Thanks

It is either by Elite Support Windows tool or restricted access to an Android app. You need to contact Elite Support team. Give them a couple of days and it will eventually get sorted. It is not as simple as selecting a responsiveness value between 1 and 10... I can also tell that the issues does not require a firmware update.

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 am

Sorry I realise it’s not as simple as selecting 1-10 (at the moment)

I’m suggesting that the various parameters that need changed could be set up as a variety of configs so that ultimately the users can choose default, or a set of other configs which have varying degrees of responsiveness defined by the engineers at Elite.
After all, years of research will have gone in to this so they’ll know what the different options could be and could therefore make these configs available to users.

Ps. Couple of days - that’s great news. Not sure many others have been as lucky.

And I maintain - it’s something Elite should be able to supply without this level of remote modification. And I’d suggest that’s something that Elite could really make a positive step on. Be great for the reputation of the company in my opinion.

Nemysys

Postby Nemysys » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:31 pm

This is the current response for my version of the problem:
================================================================================================================
Good Afternoon

I propose the possibility of an online assistance.
All you have to do is connect your resistance unit to the computer, then connect the computer to the internet so I can handle it by a remote software.

The procedure is very easy, you need to run a specific software to do the remote connection.
This procedure allows me to use the mouse, the keyboard and view your Desktop on my screen, just as if you were actually using it.

You can check my work at any time, to see the operations employed and have full control, even stop at any time.
This feature is faster than the continuous exchange of files to solve the problem, but you need to stay all the time in front of the computer, for any reason

To be able to do this online service you should confirm your availability from Monday to Friday, during the time here in Italy 8.30 – 11:00 am, 2:10 – 5:00 pm (CET time ).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
==============================================================================================================
I'm trying to arrange it for Monday 18 Feb...

I'll report back to the group...!

paul

scoob

Postby scoob » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Good luck Paul. That’s great. How long did it take to get that?

new2drivo

Postby new2drivo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Responsiveness is fixed. It is almost too fast as large jumps of power change can now easily lead to Spiral of Death. When you see how fast the Drivo II can change the resistance you understand that Elite was trying a compromise between feasibility of the trainer and the user. I saw similar complaints for the Neo of a too fast change that people were not able to cope with it.

Depending on your capabilities you might go back an ask them to soften responsiveness....Beware!

I am super happy now with my Drivo II. Road feel is excellent, responsiveness is excellence and sound (quietness) is good enough for me.

Hi there,

Great to hear Elite were able to sort to your satisfaction. So just to confirm, with the change in config are you now happy/able to complete both the very sort sprint efforts AND the longer/gradual increases in ERG mode. Did it require a bit of trail and error to find the setting that your were comfortable with that worked across all workout types? Jjust a bit nervous of your comment that it 'might' make the trainer too fast to change/difficult to ride with the 'Spiral of death, which I know about :shock: ).

I've a call open with them now - they've asked for some ride data from custom workout at (short duration at incrementing power) - but am stuck that seems that app required additional (paid) subscription to unlock that functionality - I thought the trainer came with free lifetime or 3yr subscription to full version of the app (confusingly there were 2 voucher codes inn the box - one was lifetime one was 3yr). Anyway that's a different issue...

So hopefully I am able to get the same level of support as you did to get this resolved - I really don't want to have to send the trainer back as it performs great in every other way, just the way its currently configured this slow response issue is a bit of a deal breaker...

okhn

Postby okhn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Did it require a bit of trail and error to find the setting that your were comfortable with that worked across all workout types? Jjust a bit nervous of your comment that it 'might' make the trainer too fast to change/difficult to ride with the 'Spiral of death, which I know about :shock: ).

No trial and error - onetime shot. I use it every other day and am super happy now.

I have not run into a SoD another time as I was prepared what to expect. If you buy such a „monster“ you are probably looking for some challenging training...

So, relax and enjoy some longer interval workouts before the fix is done...and you run your multiple 20-30sec VO2max intervals in ERG mode...

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”