Drivo Erg Mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

scoob

Re: Drivo Erg Mode

Postby scoob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi everyone. I’m about to gather in to one place everyone who has a problem with both their Drivo and their Drivo II specifically with respect to ERG use - where the trainer takes a long time (compared to the claimed capability) to change its resistance levels, whether up or down in power.
If you’d rather use a pseudonym obviously that’s grand.

When we’ve gathered a set of names for Elite Drivo and Drivo II machines that don’t operate correctly, we can make it visible as a group problem really clearly. It might help. Feel free to append your name to this list in either thread. And we can campaign for a group response from Elite.

Starting with two of us who ended up on the same thread on another forum.

For Drivo II:
Me (scoob)
Dave Yeomans
Estidoh (TR forum)

For Drivo:

Nemysys

Postby Nemysys » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Guys... I'm going to join in on this post...

I've had my Drivo II since the New Year 2019. It was a replacement for an Elite Qubo Smart Digital B+ which failed after 18mths.

Didn't use it in January (stuck with Rollers) but have reinstalled.

In ERG mode the power output registering is wild...

If I am trying to put out 120watts - and have a constant cadence, the registered power swings wildly between (say) 270 watts and 98 watts - it takes ages to settle down (over 30sec) and even then there is no consistency it still fluctuates.

I almost can't get it to settle on the required power output.

Using Zwift with ANT+ FE-C

Any thoughts...?
Paul Ashbury

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Thanks @nemysys. Replied via the other thread.

yaxley

Postby yaxley » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm

HI,
I couldn't find the other post where all these Drivo ERG mode issues have been collated, so I have posted here, apologies.

I too am having annoying issues with the Drive on ERG mode in Zwift. If I go from a sprint effort, say 45 seconds at 450 watts, then have 1 minute at say 120 watts the trainer can sometimes take 45seconds to release its grip. Zwift is asking for a cadence of 85 with a output of 120 watts & I am putting out close to 300 watts with a cadence of 20. There is just no way I can up my cadence with that resistance.

I have just moved to the Drivo from the Elite Qubo digital smart b+ which was so much more usable in ERG mode and a third of the price.

Really disappointing feeling that I have waited my money, compounded by the fact I see so many others are having issues and Elite seem to just shrug them off or just plain ignore them.

In sim mode the trainer responds instantly to changed in the virtual world and performs excellently, which leads me to think it must be possible to be fixed in ERG more.

Really wish I had just saved that little bit more and got a Kickr now. Just having the power smoothing & being able to use the training mode without killing my knees would have made it totally worth it.

Disappointed,
Chris Y

andrews

Postby andrews » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:05 pm

I have an elite drivo bought in November. Hasn’t worked correctly once in erg mode during workouts in Zwift. Tried in both windows 10 with ant + and BT in iOS. Basically the resistance sky rockets and have to stop pedalling. Going to try and return.

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks andrews. The list grows ever longer and there’s a few more that are on other forums as well. Quite a list

Drivo and Drivo II seem to be slow to control for many in ERG. Does make one wonder if there’s a huge number of owners out there that possibly don’t know it’s a fault. I wonder. Would be a shame if every single Drivo II was sent out with this fault.

AndrewV

Postby AndrewV » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:56 am

I have a Drivo 1 which I've been using for a month now and ERG mode is almost useless. This thing is designed to change resistance on command, it's literally the main selling point of a smart trainer. How can a top end one not get this right?!?! My brother has a Direto and is also having the same problem.

yaxley

Postby yaxley » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:14 pm

I too am getting very frustrated my Drivo in ERG mode.

I did post in here yesterday, but my message never seemingly appeared, so I will try again.

I have had my Drivo about a month now, I am a Zwift subscriber and ride a mix of Sim mode & training sessions in ERG mode.

I have no complaints in Sim mode at all, the residence changes instantly & always seems appropriate for the gradient shown on screen.
But ERG mode as I say is extremely frustrating. If I have some sprint intervals, say 440 watts for 45 seconds at a cadence 100rpm, then 1 minute of 120 watts at 80pm recovery the Drivo will take upwards of 45 seconds to release the resistance, meaning I am sometimes putting out 300 watts at a cadence of 20 until the resistance is finally reduced giving me 20 seconds to recover before my next sprint effort. There is just no way I can peddle any faster. I then fail the recovery interval which is really annoying.

I previously own the Elite Qubo Digital Smart b+ which is a third of the cost and was great to use in both Sim & ERG modes.

It is a real shame, given how good the Drivo is in Sim mode, but I really wish I hadn't been so tight & saved up that little bit more & got a Wahoo Kickr. It is even more annoying that now I find so many others having this issue & Elite either denying it is a issue, or just plain ignoring us.

Very disappointed,
Chris

yaxley

Postby yaxley » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Simple test, as all none of my previous messages get published.

lellinoaereoplanino

Postby lellinoaereoplanino » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:14 pm

abbiamo tutti lo stesso problema
nel salire di resistenza,,,,,, sale troppo e ci tocca fermare la pedalata per farlo scendere di resistenza

ke delusione !!!

we all have the same problem
in the rising of resistance ,,,,,, it rises too much and we have to stop the pedaling to make it go down of resistance

ke disappointment !!!

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”