Elite Drivo Maintenance

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

tsofron@hotmail.com

Elite Drivo Maintenance

Postby tsofron@hotmail.com » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:11 am

Hello guys,

perhaps somebody / Elite might have some thoughts on how to do a proper maintenance for the Drivo. I'm having it for over a year now, > 12.000km in zwift - did the belt grease trick - but i would say there should be more to it.
So...any thoughts? There is a picture with all the parts of the Drivo and there are several bearings and so on - so I'm wondering - no re-greasing for those parts? Or some re-tightening of some screws? As it's a pretty expensive device, I would do basic / preventive maintenance at home in order to avoid a disaster afterwards...

Thanks,
Tudor

jbroussia

Re: Elite Drivo Maintenance

Postby jbroussia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:54 pm

I'd like to know too. I see people talking about greasing the belt but I'd like to see the correct procedure !?

tsofron@hotmail.com

Postby tsofron@hotmail.com » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:36 pm

For example I would like also to know after how many hours at around 200w will the belts start to wear...:-)

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Drivo doesn't need maintenance, don't worry much about it.
Only the calibration every 3-4 weeks of use is necessary.

We do had some cases of belts that were too dry (due to hambient condition) becoming noisy, and in those case it was necessary to add some grase. But it's not a standard procedure.

Regards

tsofron@hotmail.com

Postby tsofron@hotmail.com » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:46 pm

guys, if this trainer won't break due to mechanical reasons during the next 2 years (so 3 years grand total usage) i will personally come to your hq with several bottles of champagne (or wine if you prefer) ;-) - and i'm not kidding ;-) anyway, the drivo is working very well so far ;-), very pleased by it.

thanks,
tudor

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 pm

I take your word Tudor! :lol:

dnservis@otenet.gr

Postby dnservis@otenet.gr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:10 am

I am having the same, well concern! I did the grease trick to ease the noisy belt and black dust (belt wear!) but lately I get some metallic squick towards the end of the session! The trainer is kept in the appartment, so no extreme temp or moisture. I am wondering if some bearing or other metallic part lubrication is needed! Ant tip welcome. My trainer has around 6000km under its belt.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:21 pm

If you have any doubt about strange noises or sound, contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com and add a short video in which we can hear the noise. This will be very helpful to understand the problem.

Regards

dnservis@otenet.gr

Postby dnservis@otenet.gr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:38 pm

[https://youtu.be/LOJEPyMYdB4] et voila! Here is the noise sound, which again is not constant, but develops after some training time and off again!

seboxtc@gmail.com

Postby seboxtc@gmail.com » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello,

@dnservis@otenet.gr

Do you get answer for squicky sound? I've got the same noise in my Elite Evo trainer

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”