Problem Qubo Digital Smart B +

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

kaciek22

Problem Qubo Digital Smart B +

Postby kaciek22 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Hello.
I have a problem with Qubo Digital Smart B +. The trainer connects to the original Elite computer, but is not detected by phone and PC. It does not work via Bluetooth and ANT +. does not connect to MyETraining or ZWIFT. The original Elite computer supports all functions wirelessly.

Elite Admin S

Re: Problem Qubo Digital Smart B +

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi

If you have the version with the handlebar console, it means you have a Qubo Digital (the ant version, not the B+ version).
You can use it with our my e-training app on a smartphone/tablet that supports the ant+ protocol (or you can use an ant dongle to enable it - without knowing the exact model I cannot give you more informations).

It's not possible to use it with Zwift or my e-training desktop pc software, that support only the ant+ fe-c interactive version.
But if you have the upgradable version, you can upgrade the trainer to make it transmit in ant+ fe-c protocol.

Please tell me:
- the serial number of the trainer
- the model of your smartphone/tablet

Regards

karakitsg

Postby karakitsg » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 pm

i cannot connect my trainner to my phone in order to use the app and i do not do my work out. my phone is an iPhone 6s.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14 am

@karakitsg

You shouldn't have any issue with your iPhone, as it supports the bluetooth smart protocol.
Do you also have a Qubo Digital Smart B+?
Do you get any error when you try to connect to it?

Regards

kaciek22

Postby kaciek22 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi

If you have the version with the handlebar console, it means you have a Qubo Digital (the ant version, not the B+ version).
You can use it with our my e-training app on a smartphone/tablet that supports the ant+ protocol (or you can use an ant dongle to enable it - without knowing the exact model I cannot give you more informations).

It's not possible to use it with Zwift or my e-training desktop pc software, that support only the ant+ fe-c interactive version.
But if you have the upgradable version, you can upgrade the trainer to make it transmit in ant+ fe-c protocol.

Please tell me:
- the serial number of the trainer
- the model of your smartphone/tablet

Regards

Hello
I'm going back to the topic. the serial number of the trainer is Q 09318 smartphone is Sony Xperia Z5 has ant +.
Can you upgrade it?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:40 pm

@kaciek22,

sorry, your version is not upgradable

Regards

Claudia790

Postby Claudia790 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 am

MM this trainer is pretty good though. For optimal use, you can have your bike's power meter connected to Zwift or other training app along with the smart trainer. Then you have instant and precise response to explosive short intervals, otherwise the trainer has a bit of delay of a couple seconds in measuring the watts. However for longer intervals like under 600 watts and longer than 10 seconds and for using the simulator in Zwift the built in watts meter works just fine. Using Zwift workouts it holds you at a specified watts without any deviation on this trainer, and that is extremely useful and easier than trying to balance your watts using your legs like out on the road. As for road feel - this trainer may not equal a Wahoo Kickr, but it is much nicer than my older mag trainer, with more of a flywheel effect to it.
elite-it/Mobdro

dinakono147

Postby dinakono147 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 am

We’re currently investigating an issue with the Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ flat resistance being too hard for a number of users after a recent Zwift update. This doesn’t seem to affect all users

Inez527

Postby Inez527 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 am

[u]Disconnect the Controllable Trainer option for your trainer, and either use your trainer only for a power source or use a separate power meter. While you won’t get the variable resistance with this option, you can use your trainer like a classic trainer and change resistance manually with your bike gears

ANDREWPIANA

Postby ANDREWPIANA » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:20 pm

dinakono147 wrote:We’re currently investigating an issue with the Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ flat resistance being too hard for a number of users after a recent Zwift update. This doesn’t seem to affect all users

okay thanks

Return to “Trainers general discussion”