Direto, power measurement

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

raphnou

Direto, power measurement

Postby raphnou » Thu May 24, 2018 7:12 am

Hello Elite,

On the Direto, is the power measured on each pedal?

Thank you

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto, power measurement

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am

Hi

Direto sends the global power of a complete pedal stroke (left + right pedal) and also the percentage of force between your two legs
If you're not using our wired cadence sensor, it sends the percentage without specifying if it is the right or left pedal. If you use it, instead, the Direto will send the percentage of the left pedal (and then you'll automatically know the other one).
Of course the device you use to connect to the trainer must support the visualization of the two pedals (as does our pedal analysis function).

Regards

raphnou

Postby raphnou » Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Thank you for the answer

Ok, I would like to be able to see the distribution of the power on each pedal with my edge 820,
This would be possibe with the Elite cadence sensor?

Because for now I only see the overall power
Attachments
edge direto.jpg
edge direto.jpg (65.8 KiB) Viewed 8941 times

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 28, 2018 8:35 am

Hi guys

I have to do a correction, sorry.

I've talked with the programmers about this point (I had only a superficial view about the power transmission protocol).
They told me that indeed we send the global power and the percentage of left/right power, BUT we use a own proprietary protocol (there's no official standard yet). So, third party devices and apps must integrate this protocol on their software to be able to interpret it correctly.
In conclusion, in this moment we know that there's no third party device or app that has done this (and only our app is able to show the percentages).

raphnou

Postby raphnou » Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 am

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi guys

I've talked with the programmers about this point (I had only a superficial view about the power transmission protocol).
They told me that indeed we send the global power and the percentage of left/right power, BUT we use a own proprietary protocol (there's no official standard yet). So, third party devices and apps must integrate this protocol on their software to be able to interpret it correctly.
In conclusion, in this moment we know that there's no third party device or app that has done this (and only our app is able to show the percentages).

thank you for that clarification

mckafre

Postby mckafre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:35 am

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi guys

How can I see the left / right power in the direto app ?

Thank you

nachogarrone

Postby nachogarrone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi, any news about this?

I'm running the direto and i can't see % left/right power on garmin. Which app is supported to view this analysis?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”