Direto resistance control problems

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

dewhelan

Direto resistance control problems

Postby dewhelan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 am

I've had my Direto for several months now, and it use it mainly with Zwift and Trainer Road, connecting to an iPhone using Bluetooth.
However, in order for either of these apps to control the trainer resistance (e.g. erg mode in Trainer Road for workouts, or Zwift controlling trainer resistance to simulate slopes), I must always "reset" the Direto by plugging it out, then back in, before starting either of these apps. If I do not "reset" the trainer in this way, the Direto can connect successfully to these apps, but neither app can control the resistance of the Direto (I only use/connect with one app at a time).
Where I encounter problems is when I'm in the middle of a ride, and for whatever reason, Trainer Road or Zwift loses connection with my Direto - when Trainer Road / Zwift regains the connection to the Direto, these apps are not able to control resistance of the Direto, and I need to both "reset" the Direto by plugging out, then back in, and also restart Trainer Road / Zwift. Thsi is frustrating, as I need to abandon a workout or ride, and then restart.
This does not happen with the My-E-Training App, hence this problem is in the interaction between the Direto trainer, and 3rd party software. The challenge when it comes to problems like this is the trainer manufacturer says its a problem with the training software, and the training software company says its a problem with the trainer - making it hard to find a resolution.
I'm posting this here to see if anyone can provide recommendations to fix this. Would appreciate any help. Cheers, Dave.

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto resistance control problems

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 am

Thank you a lot for your report.
We will do some test about it and in case contact Zwift and Trainer road.

dewhelan

Postby dewhelan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Great - thank you! Elite customer support also asked that I send them an e-mail at real@elite-it.com, so I've done that. Appreciate your help resolving this.

jessenj

Postby jessenj » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issue, I suspect the problem will be solved if you use an Ant+ dongle and not rely on zwift Companion. I used an Ant+ dongle and had no issues until my dongle broke and I switched over to connecting devices via Zwift Companion.

Will get a dongle next week and update you.

Regards,
Johnno

pierre.chartier38

Postby pierre.chartier38 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Hello all
If it can help, I also had issues with Elite Direto / Zwift where Zwift could not control the resistance of the Home trainer although it appeared to be connected correctly (and zwift was receiving the Power and cadence info correctly)
The problem was coming from ANT+ dongle I purchased on Amazon from Cycplus.
I changed the ANT+ dongle and it fixed it.
I'm not the only one with this issue.

It is described well on TACX forum and zwift forums:
https://tacxfaqx.com/knowledge-base/cycplus-ant-stick/
https://forums.zwift.com/t/no-resistanc ... /518332/49

After more research, I found out in the device manager on my PC that the cycplus dongle appears with a yellow exclamation mark, and appears as unknown device. Updating the driver with the drivers that you can find on the web did not work. Cycplus support did not answer my request for a solution.

To see if you have the same issue, you can use zwift on your smart phone in Bluetooth or even in ANT+ if your smartphone supports it. If it works, the probably the issue is coming from your ANT+ dongle.

I changed the ANT+ for another brand (TAOPE in my case) and it works perfectly.
-> No problem with Zwift and / or Elite home trainer in my case
Hope it helps other users

jorgen.lovas

Postby jorgen.lovas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

I use an Elite Direto XR and TrainerRoad, connection is Bluetooth to iPad.

Yesterday, everything worked fine. Today; the resistance was way too high and wouldn’t change. I unplugged and tried again, several times. Trainer calibration gave a result +/- 2 from the value under the trainer.

What has happened and how do I fix it?

jorgen.lovas

Postby jorgen.lovas » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 pm

I tried all the tricks I know today. Power off/on, removed the Direto XR from TrainerRoad on my iPad and installed it again. I tried to use my iPhone instead, I tried the Elite app too. When I try to ride at 124 watts in TR, the resistance is at 300 wats already at 80 rpm and I use a very low gear (33/21 maybe).

I can hear noises from the trainer when I haven’t used it for some minutes, but when I try again, the resistance is way too high.

Is there anybody out there who can help me? I bought the trainer for use in the Covid lockdown but I am not able to use it now.

Regards Jørgen

jorgen.lovas

Postby jorgen.lovas » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:38 pm

So far, no response on this forum or from Elite (ticket).

Are there any way to reset the trainer? Even if I use resistance mode and 0% resistance, it is close to impossible to use it. I had 366 watts with a cadence of 41 in a very low gear.

There are more noise than before too.

Any help please?

DDmors

Postby DDmors » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Create General form with all the customer reporting this issue.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2887

Suggest to post on this form

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”