Drivo Erg Mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jbroussia

Re: Drivo Erg Mode

Postby jbroussia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm

I disagree: having tried two trainers in ERG mode, but using my Stages external power-meter to record the rides, the Drivo oscillate way too much, while the other trainer (Vortex) maintained a smooth power curve.

christian.schwartz

Postby christian.schwartz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:43 pm

@ Elite Admin S
Sorry, you are missing a Point very clearly here. When jamlhess and I talk about oscillations we do not speak about 20 or 30 watts. We speak about over 100 watts. I know exactly the session jamlhess is talking about. It is the "Goddard" in TrainerRoad. And I have exactly the same experience only that my watts are going up to approx. 480 watts for up to 5 secs and longer why they should be around 330!
AND I got myself a Kickr in the meantime and guess what? It looks exactly the same as in the Graphs shown by jamlhess. AND we do not talk about a nice line on the Screen, we talk about real riding Feeling.
I can only repeat that this ignorance on your part in the Forum is unacceptable.

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 pm

When doing erg mode, I set the unit inside the myelite app to 5s smoothing. My vo2 max workouts are around 320-340. I don't see 400w jumps like you described here.

I see fluctuations around 20w.

I used to have the vortex and the power smoothing in that unit is at least 5s. Worthless for zwift racing but great for erg workouts.

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:14 pm

I use trainerroad as well.

Marta

Postby Marta » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:03 am

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problems.

I use TrainerRoad and when working on intervals and reaching 208watts, the Drivo gets crazy and the resistance oscilates from much higher resistance to much lower one. This makes that I am incapable of pedaling because of the extreme high resistance (much higher than the 208 watts planned in TrainerRoad) and all of a sudden, the resistance disappears so I can pedal without almost resistance, until it gets up again, remains stable some seconds at 208watt, to then go up again, so up that I am blocked again and incapable of pedaling because of the extrem high resistance of the Drivo.

This hinders me to work on high bites per minute and therefore the training is not efficient.

Could you please tell me which is the solution to that problem?

I thank you in advance for your response,

Marta
Attachments
IMG_0104.PNG
IMG_0104.PNG (199.02 KiB) Viewed 19497 times

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi Marta

It is necessary to take a closer look to the data.
Please do a calibration and take note of the offset you get.
Then, do a power mode training with our app (1' at 100W, 1' at 150W, 1' at 200W and so on) and export it in tcx format.

Contact our customer care and add:
- the serial number of the trainer
- the offset you got at the end of the calibration
- the exported tcx file

Regards

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:28 am

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi Marta

It is necessary to take a closer look to the data.
Please do a calibration and take note of the offset you get.
Then, do a power mode training with our app (1' at 100W, 1' at 150W, 1' at 200W and so on) and export it in tcx format.

Contact our customer care and add:
- the serial number of the trainer
- the offset you got at the end of the calibration
- the exported tcx file

Regards

Could you do an update on your app to allow for start and end power by FTP percentage? The highest variations on the drivo are when doing peaks and valleys with trainerroad. For example, going from 95%FTP increasing to 110% for one minute and then back from 110% to 95% the next minute. especially on the way down, that is when I see the drivo adjusting the resistance too high or too low or erg mode. Doing steady interval, the drivo works great.

I know I was having connection issues with Zwift but after putting an USB extension cable one foot away, my problems went away. I don't know how to check if trainerroad is having connection issues to start troubleshooting the problem.

Martha: Is your phone close to the trainer? I would recommend the phone to be about no more than 1 foot or 30 cm away from the trainer transmitter. (LIghts).

kylris@live.com

Postby kylris@live.com » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:54 am

I am having the same issue as the other gentlemen in the posting. I own a first generation Wahoo KICKR and have used it for years. I needed to reduce the noise level of my trainer and purchased the Elite Drivo Giro D'Italia Edition (my favorite race by the way). I've noticed the same behavior of over compensation and under compensation during my training sessions on Sufferfest. After experiencing the same up-down power fluctuations, I used an external cadence sensor to perform a side-by-side comparison of rides. This would take cadence completely out of the picture. I also performed a full calibration and power smoothing test using the app after one of my workouts prior to the test. During the side-by-side comparison, what I found was my suspicion delayed ramp ups and delayed ramp downs and much wider fluctuations of power versus the Wahoo. It is almost as if it is too engineered and measures too much and tries to correct too much. I am attaching images to show the side-by-side. I think the Drivo has the potential to be a great trainer, but this issue is a deal breaker for me and makes me regret I purchased this product. You really need to fix this issue to make this trainer on par with the Wahoo KICKR and Tacx Neo.

Wahoo Capture:
WahooCapture.PNG
WahooCapture.PNG (72.37 KiB) Viewed 19055 times

Drivo Capture:
DrivoCapture.PNG
DrivoCapture.PNG (74.72 KiB) Viewed 19055 times

Cemal

Postby Cemal » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi,

I have experienced the same problem on Zwift erg workouts. My understanding from this thread is Drivo, with its current firmware, is NOT fully interoperable with Zwift. Increasing power smoothing value seems working (not so sure though if it is just visually)

I have seen firmware upgrade availability notice for early 2018. Would this new firmware address interoperability issues? & When it is going to be released?

Thanks

-Cemal.

mamarcinelli

Postby mamarcinelli » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Hello,
I had a similar problem but read on another thread about adjusting the smoothness. I use Trainer Road and adjusted the smoothness in the program, but obtained better results using the My Etraining App/Advanced Configurations/Smoothness. I will adjust the smoothness to 5 if the training session involves 15 to 30 second sprints. I will change the smoothness to 10 if the power loading is constant for times longer than 1 min. This seems to have taken care of the sudden overloading of watts.

I have to say the Drivo is probably one of the most precise pieces of equipment, and it will definitely help you smooth out your pedal stroke. I noticed during more intense interval training sessions the Drivo will have a tendency to increase resistance as my legs tire and cadence drops off. This is just the Drivo trying to keep up with the program or app demand for a particular power output. So the problem most user are having may be more with the apps than with the Drivo.

Overall I am very happy with the Drivo and would recommend it to other cyclists.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”