Misuro b+ and zwift

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Raphi29

Misuro b+ and zwift

Postby Raphi29 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 am

Hello,
I use zwift with my elite qubo fluid trainer and a misuro b + speed and cadence sensor. The cadence displayed by zwift is good, however the speed is completely over-rated (100 mph without effort). I don't understand where the problem comes from

Elite Admin S

Re: Misuro b+ and zwift

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 pm

You have to connect the misuro only as a power source and cadence source (not as a speed&cadence source).
Could it be that you've configured in the other way?

Regards

dwtrux@att.net

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:26 pm

I am using Misuro B+ and Quick Motion Rollers with Zwift. Connected by Power Source, but virtual rider does not move. What's up?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 am

Quick motion is a multilevel trainer, it's different.
As the misuro cannot know which level you set, it cannot transmit power.
So, you should pair it as a speed and classical trainer but you'd have to set a circumference value of 264mm (I'm not sure that it is possible, contact Zwift directly)

Regards

dwtrux@att.net

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:22 pm

worked through the issues with Zwift. Here's what I found:

Select "Power Source" on Zwift start up screen - not Speed Source. Start riding to active Misuro B+ sensor and active both power-cadence.

Misuro B+ MUST BE SET to 8 Blinks for parabolic rollers 292mm - virtual rider moved and the power, speed and cadence matched what I was generating in the My E Training app.

Misuro B+ for Quick Motion was originally set at 1 blink.

Also, I tried the 6 blinks setting on Misuro which is the Arion 264mm you suggested, but that just setting gave too high of readings in both power and speed in BOTH Zwift and My E Training apps.

Got it set up now and it is amazingly consistent.
Last edited by dwtrux@att.net on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 am

@dwtrux,

If you get consistent data in this way, it's absolutely by chance.
The power curve of the parabolic is different from the one of the quick motion.
Don't take too seriously the power values you get, as they are mostly wrong (how much, depends on the speed - in some point the curve may get close).

Regards

dwtrux@att.net

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Using the Arion Roller setting [6 blinks] for 264 mm rollers on my Misuro B+ seems to get my power reading to 240 watts and shows speeds of 30MPH on My E Training App where my Cateye bike computer is at 15 MPH and 88RPMs. When I am using 1 blink or 8 blinks for 292 parabolic roller, the speed registered in My E Training App is usually identical to my Cateye bike computer speed and power is about 120 to 130 watts depending on RPMs.

Which blink setting on the Misuro B+ is supposed to be used with Quick Motion Rollers for My E Training integration? 1, 6 or 8?

Not sure what all this means but putting this out there for comments.

dwtrux@att.net

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Elite support said that 1 Blink is the correct setting for Misuro B+ and Quick-Motion Rollers in My E Training App. So I went back to 1 Blink for Quick-Motion Rollers for purposes of My E Training App.

In Zwift, the virtual rider will not move if connected to Misuro B+ that is set for blink 1. The virtual rider will move if Misuro is set to 8 Blinks however and works pretty well if Elite Fluid + Trainer is selected. Also, it seems that 8 Blinks works well in My E Training app as well as far as I can tell but I decided that Elite support knows better.

I now use Wahoo Speed/Cadence sensors to pair with Zwift but I still set the Zwift to Elite Fluid+ trainer rather than unsupported rollers which was WAY off in power and speed. Using this set up, I can use both My E Training App on Level Training Mode and ride in Zwift just to compare and keep track of workouts. The power on My E training app and Zwift are nearly identical under 180 watts and is about 10% off above 200+watts.

Having fun now.

potagi

Postby potagi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:20 pm

I use a Wahoo Elemnt to pair with my Misuro B+. It has known issues with correctly configuring the speed portion of the Misuro B+, and in fact I always observe a speed of 0.0. I haven't mcdvoice worried about this since — as the Elite documentation mentions in several places — what really matters on a stationary trainer is power and cadence.

salati.fabio

Postby salati.fabio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi all,

I use my Quick Motion rollers in Zwift with a combo speed/velocity sensor on bike, resistance level 2 and “Tacx Blue Motion” selected from the supported rollers

Powercurves of Quick Motion level 2 and Blue Motion Level
4 are very similar.

Return to “Misuro”