Cadence: really wrong

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

pounet94

Cadence: really wrong

Postby pounet94 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:36 pm

Hi,
The cadence of the Justo seems really wrong. I had confirmation of this by installing other sensors on the crank, with magnet. Obviously, and other testimonies on the internet point out, at low cadence or at high cadence, the Justo is in trouble. Are you working to correct this point, and if so, how soon can we expect to have new firmware?
Regards,

DrySide

Re: Cadence: really wrong

Postby DrySide » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:33 am

Yes I noticed same issue. So I just use a Shimano shoe mounted Wahoo cadence sensor I bridge to the Justo. Easy to check if the Wahoo one is being used by pedaling backwards and checking cadence number. The Justo cadence sensor will read 0 when pedaling backwards.

JanKu

Postby JanKu » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:55 pm

Hi,
A few months later the cadence is still not correct when it's lower than 60. Then it suddenly drops to 30-40 rpm.
I bought the Justo in december last year and this is wrong since than.
Hopefully there will be a software update to solve this.

Is there also a wordaround?

roy.nield27

Postby roy.nield27 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:29 pm

The cadence is incorrect because you have a smooth pedaling style so take that as a complement. The trainer cannot sense enough of a power/speed increase when your legs are pushing down. I also have this problem and my Assioma Duo pedals report that I have a torque effectiveness of more than 90% because I ride a lot of time trials in real life with big gears. My solution is to make use of the excellent cadence bridge function to pull in the cadence from a cheap cadence sensor mounted on my left crank arm. Unfortunately Elite removed the ability to plug an actual hard wired cadence sensor into the Justo. This was my preferred solution on my previous Direto XR. As for a firmware update to improve the built-in cadence estimate I would not think this will be possible due to the limits of how cadence is estimated.

Return to “Justo”