Reporting Power when Freewheeling

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

haigh.ian

Reporting Power when Freewheeling

Postby haigh.ian » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:40 am

Hi

The training is reading power and adjusting power upwards very well when pedalling. However, when I stop pedalling and am outputting zero watts, the Tuo is reporting quite high wattage, and keep reporting significant wattage until about 10 seconds after the wheels stops moving. The higher the wattage before I stop pedalling, the higher it reports when I stop pedalling.

I have dont this test immediately after calibrating the unit (calibration value ~22,000).

Attached is an screenshot of the chart from the Elite My Training app in level mode, you can see that the unit is outputting significant power for +30 seconds after I stop pedalling.

I think this may be impacting ERG workouts because my power doesn't drop and the software gets confused as a result.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?
Attachments
Tuo Zero Power from 40s test.jpg
Tuo Zero Power from 40s test.jpg (94.72 KiB) Viewed 9721 times

haigh.ian

Re: Reporting Power when Freewheeling

Postby haigh.ian » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:37 am

Note that I think the Tuo is great. I come from a Direto and Tacx Neo. The Tuo power accuracy and road feel has really surprised me.

The only odd think is this freewheeing power reading. The unit reports zero cadence, so it know's you're not pedaling, but keeps reporting power until the wheel actually stops..... most of the time this isn't an issue, unless you're trying to supertuck in zwift, and you need to remember that if you want to reduce power/slow down then to ease off the power but keep pedalling. As long as you are pedalling the power reads/reports perfectly.

Anyone else seen this freewheeling power reading issue? Perhaps an easy firmware fix if so.

haigh.ian

Re: Reporting Power when Freewheeling

Postby haigh.ian » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:06 am

Seems this is working 'as designed' and it's my learning about wheel-on trainers.

As long as the wheel is turning the unit will report power, sounds great for zwift racing. Can take a break and still output power.

Return to “Tuo”