My E-Training Suggestions

Help us to improve our apps and trainers!

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Basman

My E-Training Suggestions

Postby Basman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:23 am

Hello,

I've been getting familiar with my E-training. The following are my suggestions.

Training Test: The training plan created after the test is not very useful. It produced a 4 week training plan, 7 days a week. 1) the workouts were very basic, 2) give user option to choose how many days a week to train and a range of time available to train (I cannot train 7 days a week for 4 straight weeks and don’t know many people that could).

FTP/Time based workouts are a really good feature! I wish there were more of these and the titles were in English. Consider who your customers are. They are all around the world.

The free My Real Video is a great feature. Some are good, some are average. From the ones I’ve tried so far I’m happy.

My E-training Wish List: The following are the items I wish the app had

1) Remote Access: The ability to start a workout from desktop and control via the app on phone/tablet. For example, to increase or decrease the intensity. Currently this can be controlled a phone app but the font is so small it’s hard to read details. My eyes are bad. I’m sure it’s better on a tablet. It would be great if there was some functionality similar to how RGT works with a companion app. The ability to adjust intensity, or change from ERG/Power to Slope or Level modes.

2) Auto- Resume: The ability to automatically resume a workout in My E-training. There is an auto-pause feature already. How about an option to auto resume after you start pedaling again? The old Tacx TTS software had this for years. Why is this important? Let’s say you are doing a workout on a PC, and you stop for a moment. I have to get off the bike and go to the PC to click Resume. It’s inconvenient.

3) Training Test: I wish the training test could give you options to create a 4 day/week training plan and more specific higher intensity workouts. Also, the option to create another training plan with the same metrics recorded (endurance based , or hill training etc. without having to redo the test)

4) How-to Videos: This one is really important. Create several instruction videos that show how to navigate the app in desktop and phone/table. Items like how to create a new workout, how to edit an existing workout, how to customize the data fields in the app to see the metrics you want to see and your preference of location. It would be really helpful if Elite could create videos about the Maps/Courses feature, the Records GPS, and how to create our own My Real Video. Look at the Jet Black cycling website at their How – to videos. Make the videos easy to find. They should be right on your website. https://www.jetblackcycling.com/indoor- ... ining-app/ Their app is free, all the features.

5) Pedaling Analysis: Provide some information about this feature. Cost? How to use it, benefits etc.

6) My Suito cost more that $1100 in Canadian dollars. That’s a significant amount of money. The e-training software should offer more than “Level Mode” for 1 year. I returned a Suito for a Direto XR and the total cost was more than $1400 Canadian dollars. That’s a significant amount of money. At this price point, there should be other free features such as FTP/time based, and ERG based options as well for free.

7) I’d like to see a ramp test. Not sure why this is not an included feature?

8) Ability to mark my favourite My Real Videos for easy access in the future

I’m very happy with the trainer but in the pursuit of continuous improvement I hope you will consider my suggestions.

Basman

Elite Admin S

Re: My E-Training Suggestions

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:21 am

Hi Basman

Let's start with Training Test.
The test has been studied by an equip of experts and it creates the training sessions basing on the result of the test.
The sessions include some recovery sessions, that can seem very easy. But they are there for a reason.
If you still think that the sessions are too easy, maybe you've not done the test at your maximum level.
Consider also that the training test bases on your heart rate, so it may be that you've set a not adeguate max heart rate frequency. By default, it is calculated on your age but it can be modified if necessary (PLEASE DO IT ONLY AFTER A MEDICAL CHECK!)

About FTP tests, we've inserted only some as examples. But you should create your own FTP trainings.
The same for ERG based trainings or Ramp tests.

About Pedal Analysis... we have a knowledge base about this!
And we also have a lot of other interesting articles
To accede to our knowledge base:
- go to the support page https://support.elite-it.com/en
- scroll down and click on "Go to knowledge base"
If you search "pedalling analysis" you'll finde the article you are looking for

Some of the other suggestions you've wrote are very interesting... I've forwarded them to the development team 8-)

Have a nice day

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:48 pm

One additional note!

On our youtube channel, you can find many how to videos (check on the howto section):
https://www.youtube.com/c/EliteBikeTraining/featured

Regards

ymarti.ymarti

Postby ymarti.ymarti » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:43 pm

very good discussion with a lot of documents

Thanks to everyone
GOD SAVE THE RIDER

amanda9nunes

Postby amanda9nunes » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:20 am

Thanks for sharing your e-training suggestions here. I loved the auto-pause feature of it.

Return to “Suggestions”