Suito & Wahoo Elemnt: Speed stops at 15kph, then dies off

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

b_en

Suito & Wahoo Elemnt: Speed stops at 15kph, then dies off

Postby b_en » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:41 pm

Hi forum,

happy new year to everyone!

I was quite happy in the last few months with using an Elemnt Bolt V2 with the Suito. Everything was working fine – the Elemnt Bolt had the structured trainings from Training Peaks on it, and controlled the resistance of the Suito and recorded the training of course.

Then, quite out of a sudden, the Suito stopped to record speed correctly. At first I had incredibly high speed readings – like 300kph+ – but figured out that this was due to a wrong setting in the Wahoo companion app. I had to set the wheel circumference to 0.088.

This fixed the high speeds, but introduced another problem: Now the speed goes up to around 15kph in a few seconds, then stays there – and finally dies off, there's no speed reading any longer.

Tried everything, deleted all the Elite apps, did a factory reset with the Elemnt, reconnected the Suito a few times ...
And had success twice! I thought everything would be working fine from now on, but it doesn't.
Today I was able to record a training session with the correct speed. Turned the Elemnt Bolt and the Suito off and on again to check – and it didn't work any longer! I then repeated all the steps that I though could fix this, with no success.

Contacted both the Elite and the Wahoo support, and while the Elite support was quite polite and eager to help, they couldn't find a fix and did send me to the Wahoo support. Their first answer was "it's a settings problem, and no one else has this problem" (setting is correct from what I can see, and I do not get why it would matter to me if no-one else had that problem ...) so I thought I'd ask here in this forum.

I found one other thread mentioning the same problem here http://forum.elite-it.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=856&p=11866#p11866 and here http://forum.elite-it.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3903&p=11868#p11868, but no-one provided a fix for this. Seems to be a problem since a few years (one thread started 2019).

b_en

Re: Suito & Wahoo Elemnt: Speed stops at 15kph, then dies off

Postby b_en » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:58 pm

Okay, so after a few days of fiddling I think I've found a fix.
Seems to have worked for me for now, at least I could power off/on the Elemnt Bolt as well as the Suito – let's see if it still works tomorrow:

1. Unpair your Elemnt Bolt from your cellphone (iPhone in my case) from within the Elemnt head unit
2. Unpair your Elemnt Bolt from your cellphone from within the Elemnt companion app (yes, I think step 1 and two are two different things)
3. Unpair ("Forget" on iPhones) your Elemnt Bolt from your cellphone from within your cellphone
4. Factory reset your Elemnt Bolt (under "System Info") from within your Elemnt Bolt

Steps 1 - 4 seem to be necessary for the Elemnt Bolt to forget the Suito as a sensor. Otherwise, everything is stored within the Elemnt companion app. I found not way to really delete the Suito any other way.

5. Pair your Elemnt Bolt with your Elemnt companion app as well as your phone (just the normal set up procedure for the Elemnt Bolt).
6. Plug in the Suito if you didn't already
7. Start the MyEtraining app and make sure it is connected to the Suito – the blue light on the Suito should light up permanently (bluetooth connection), while the green light still flashes (ANT+ connection)
8. Start a training session with the MyEtraining app (the free one). Don't close the app. Might be you can and the training session though.
9. "Add sensor" from within your Elemnt Bolt. It should now find the Suito. It won't say "Suito" though, it should say "Fitness Device" ("Fitnessgerät" in German). The name "Suito" seems to be reserved for the bluetooth connection (which is already in use by the MyEtraining app), The "Fitness Device" is ANT+
10. Add the "Fitness Device"
11. Go to sensor settings in the Elemnt companion app, find the "Fitness Device", and set the wheel circumference to 0.088 (if on a German keyboard layout, you'll have to type 0,008 as there is no . on the keyboard). Go back a step so that the companion app "takes over" the value.

That did the trick for me.

DaneStockmaster

Re: Suito & Wahoo Elemnt: Speed stops at 15kph, then dies off

Postby DaneStockmaster » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:12 pm

Your records are very helpful to me.prostadine

Return to “Suito”