Stuck at Please Start Pedaling...

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

sulica

Stuck at Please Start Pedaling...

Postby sulica » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I have Elite Suito trainer, but I am experiencing some issues, that I don't know how to solve. Basically, it doesn't matter which app I use myEtraining, TrainerRoad, or Zwift. I am always stuck at Please Start Pedaling... screen. I pedal for more than 5 minutes, and nothing is happening.

I have also tried to upgrade my suito from firmware 191 to 197, but the upgrade is never progressing to 100%.

Any suggestions on what can be done?

Thank you in advance!

Regards!

ptatera

Re: Stuck at Please Start Pedaling...

Postby ptatera » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:42 pm

Hello.

I've bought Elite Suito-T myself and I'm about to send it back for tests (since it applies way too much resistance when simulating uphill rides).
Anyway (since I'm an IT guy), my thinking after two calibration attempts (with myEtraining), was to verify firmware of Suito-T. Version was 196, and available upgrade to 197.

Result. Upgrade failed randomly 2-3 times. I was using newly bought Motorola G52 mobile for it.
CAREFUL! FAILED PROGRAMMING ATTEMPT RESULTS IN BRICKING YOUR TRAINER!!!
From what I noticed, the device enters some "service mode". Only Bluetooth works and the firmware uploading software can talk to the trainer.
Ant+ won't work and your trainer won't be available to connect over myEtraining!!!

Solution! For me, different Bluetooth/Android device worked! With cheep Motorola e7i power it did the trick!

MCU writing must end at 100% and it must reboot with both: blue and green LEDs flashing, and the motor has to give some initial noises.
Failed firmware upgrades make your trainer brick-doomed.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Return to “Suito”