Turbo undoing lockring

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

chadwickwilliamso

Turbo undoing lockring

Postby chadwickwilliamso » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi, on both an 11-speed quick release bike-and-set-up and a 9-speed quick release bike-and-set-up my Suito is unlocking the lockrings so that the cassette comes apart (regardless of how tight I fasten the lockring. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

red.hell

Re: Turbo undoing lockring

Postby red.hell » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:50 pm

chadwickwilliamso wrote:Hi, on both an 11-speed quick release bike-and-set-up and a 9-speed quick release bike-and-set-up my Suito is unlocking the lockrings so that the cassette comes apart (regardless of how tight I fasten the lockring. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

did you add the spacers on the freewheel before install the cassette?

chadwickwilliamso

Postby chadwickwilliamso » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks for reply. No spacers for 11-speed, 2 for 9-speed. It seems the lockring is jamming against the inside of the frame and that’s what is undoing it…

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:46 pm

chadwickwilliamso wrote:Thanks for reply. No spacers for 11-speed, 2 for 9-speed. It seems the lockring is jamming against the inside of the frame and that’s what is undoing it…

did you try to screw-in the locknut without the cassette installed? you have not to tight it, only to see if it screw-in correctly

chadwickwilliamso

Postby chadwickwilliamso » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:31 pm

Thanks again for your reply - the locknut screws in correctly. The issue is that when I start to use the turbo there is too much friction between the locknut and the frame of the bike - this means that the pedals won’t turn smoothly and eventually the locknut comes undone.

If I loosen the quick release sufficiently then it does work but this compromises the stability of the turbo.

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:30 pm

chadwickwilliamso wrote:Thanks again for your reply - the locknut screws in correctly. The issue is that when I start to use the turbo there is too much friction between the locknut and the frame of the bike - this means that the pedals won’t turn smoothly and eventually the locknut comes undone.

If I loosen the quick release sufficiently then it does work but this compromises the stability of the turbo.

can you please post a photo?

it's strange that the cassette touch the frame, it's a specialized SCS? it has a different distance of the hub, if i remember correctly, it doesn't fit with the trainer

Return to “Suito”