[Suit-T] Resistance increases abnormally...until I stop cycling

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

dydavide2

[Suit-T] Resistance increases abnormally...until I stop cycling

Postby dydavide2 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:33 am

Dear all,

I noticed a very weird behavior of my Suito-T trainer.
In every workout, where I need to go from 60% to 200% of my FTP, the wheel increases its frequency until it is no more possible to cycle anymore. I mean...neither with my full weight on the pedal I get the spinning wheel rotating. I have to stop cycling, wait maybe 20-30 seconds and then I can start pedaling again, since now the spinning wheel can be rotated. But that means, that I have to break every workout, where I have a positive change of resistance. I had a Tacx once and I never had that problem. I could read that similar problems are common with this trainer: http://forum.elite-it.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2407
I calibrated my trainer, but the strange behavior is not changing.
Here you can find a workout example: https://file.io/wNg1MB1uATD0
so you can test it on your trainer. Just wait until the first warm up is done and the resistance increases up to 200% of your FTP. If you experience an abnormal increase in resistance, then could be a hardware related problem.
The version of E-Mytraining that I'm using is the latest: 18.0.1.

Do you have any idea, how to get rid of this problem?
By the way... 200% of my FTP is not a problem, since I can - with the same bike and same powermeter - get up to 250% of my FTP when cycling outside.

Any help is very appreciated.

red.hell

Re: [Suit-T] Resistance increases abnormally...until I stop cycling

Postby red.hell » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi,
you didn't came in the case of the so called "downward spiral" where:
1 power increase
2 you cannot afford it so you reduce spin speed
3 the trainer read a lower power so increase the brake level
4 back to point 2

you read the power from the trainer or from the powermeter on the bike?

dydavide2

Postby dydavide2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:14 pm

Hi red,

this makes sense... it is exaclty what I observ.
I have a Precision 4iii in my bike, a crank-powermeter. I connected it to my-Etraining using PML. It is recognized when I start the programm (the icon powermeter goes green).

Anyway it is a strange behavior. Do you know, how to get rid of this problem (I mean the "downward spiral"?

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:21 pm

dydavide2 wrote:Hi red,

this makes sense... it is exaclty what I observ.
I have a Precision 4iii in my bike, a crank-powermeter. I connected it to my-Etraining using PML. It is recognized when I start the programm (the icon powermeter goes green).

Anyway it is a strange behavior. Do you know, how to get rid of this problem (I mean the "downward spiral"?

I haven't experience on left arm PM, the value sended to the app is the value of left leg x2?

try to read here: https://triroxtraining.co.uk/avoiding-t ... de-lockup/

the best way to avoid spiral of death is keep high pedal cadence or simply reduce power

as far as I know there isn't trainer or program that reduce automatically power if you go to a cadence lower than required, to help you spin faster and avoid spiral

dydavide2

Postby dydavide2 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:02 pm

Interesting...

The power is halved, yes.

There were 2 other situations, where the same happened. But now, aware of this problem, I increase my cadence few seconds (2-3 sec) before the hard part, so I have some inertia from the wheel. In this way I do not fall back into this problem.

Another topic: I read in other threads how you - like me - had troubles with the Suito calibration process. Update the firmware to the lastest version. Now the calibration works perfectly!

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:58 pm

dydavide2 wrote:Another topic: I read in other threads how you - like me - had troubles with the Suito calibration process. Update the firmware to the lastest version. Now the calibration works perfectly!

I used the Suito only once this winter, one week ago, and I check for firmware update with Upgrado app, but there wasn't, I have rev. 196 of firmware

I tryied the calibration from smartphone but without success, probably for the mess of signal around: pc with wifi+ble+ant, cadence sensor, new powermeter pedals, smartwatch

Return to “Suito”