How often should I calibrate Suito-T

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

mjv144

How often should I calibrate Suito-T

Postby mjv144 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:42 pm

How often should the Suito-T be calibrated?

Should I calibrate it before every ride? every week?

What are some of the conditions that will require to calibrate the Suito-T before a ride?

red.hell

Re: How often should I calibrate Suito-T

Postby red.hell » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:34 pm

mjv144 wrote:How often should the Suito-T be calibrated?

Should I calibrate it before every ride? every week?

What are some of the conditions that will require to calibrate the Suito-T before a ride?

once a month

normally temperature has influence on calibration, but you can feel it only with a double check, so with a powermeter on the bike

julien.peltier40

Postby julien.peltier40 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:50 pm

I have done a calibration using the apps but when I double check with the power meters of my bikes there is a difference around +12W in between my Power pro or Assioma and the direto XR one. Direto give -12W compare to the others. How can I adjust it ?

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:53 pm

julien.peltier40 wrote:I have done a calibration using the apps but when I double check with the power meters of my bikes there is a difference around +12W in between my Power pro or Assioma and the direto XR one. Direto give -12W compare to the others. How can I adjust it ?

try to calibrate again, after 10-15 minutes from 100 to 150 W

stefan_l_01

Postby stefan_l_01 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:34 pm

Does anybody know what the calibration is actually doing, or what does it influence? What does a difference of 1 in the calibration value means?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:00 am

Hi

Calibration impacts on power calculation.

The differences in the calibration values are quite different on the various trainer models.
About Direto, it's considered normal to have a difference up to 5 points (if the difference is higher and you notice other issues like slipping, strange noises or sudden drop in power, contact the support)
About the other trainers, you can have thousands points differences.

Regards

stefan_l_01

Postby stefan_l_01 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:14 pm

ok but how do you calibrate?
Im pushing in unknown amount of power. Until I reach 300W 30kmh whatever- but how is it measured? The sense of calibration is to measure power, yet you have to stop at exact power? Thats a contradiction. You can not calibrate to something you cant know.
If I release afterwards, you can measure the drag slowing down the wheel, for sure. But else?

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:35 pm

stefan_l_01 wrote:ok but how do you calibrate?
Im pushing in unknown amount of power. Until I reach 300W 30kmh whatever- but how is it measured? The sense of calibration is to measure power, yet you have to stop at exact power? Thats a contradiction. You can not calibrate to something you cant know.
If I release afterwards, you can measure the drag slowing down the wheel, for sure. But else?

it's a spindown calibration, the program ask you to reach am indicated wheel speed and than stop pedaling

the brake is placed in a specific position

the wheel have an amount of energy, inertia * speed, measuring the time the wheel stop you know the brake torque

and with the brake torque the trainer calibrate the brake position

Return to “Suito”