Cadence problem on new Suito-T

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jan.krejcir

Cadence problem on new Suito-T

Postby jan.krejcir » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:34 pm

I have cadence problem on Suito-T. Using cassette Shimano 10 speed (11-36). Cadence measuring is OK, if I am on 11 till 19 but, if I shift higher, from 21 to 36, cadence will decrease approx to 50%. I am using Bluetooth connection but seems to be independend on tool/My-E Training or Rouvy/. Suito is new, purchased in February. Any idea, what could be wrong?

ymarti.ymarti

Re: Cadence problem on new Suito-T

Postby ymarti.ymarti » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:59 pm

cadence dropped randomly but how?

Only peaks?
GOD SAVE THE RIDER

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:00 am

Hi

Suito (and also other Elite trainers) uses a sensorless cadence algorithm.
It calculates cadence from microvariations that appear on speed when you give a pedal stroke.
This algorithm ensure a good cadence approximation in standard conditions, but it may fail in other situation (for example when the chain is not tight, mainly at high cadence and low power).

It's very convenient, as you won't have to mount a sensor on your bike, but if you need a very accurate cadence reading in all the training we suggest to use an external wireless cadence sensor or our wired cadence sensor (which is very cheap):
https://www.shopelite-it.com/en/sensors ... sensor-kit

That said, if you think that cadence is too much wrong and not only in particular situations, contact us and we will analyze your specific case:
https://support.elite-it.com/

Regards

sami.lansipaltta

Postby sami.lansipaltta » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:24 pm

I have exactly the same problem.

I just ride Alpe du Zwift in Zwift and noticed those very odd cadence readings. When I used to two biggest chainrings on my casette it gave me readings like 35-45 rpm and when I changed the gear couple rings smaller cadence readings came back to more normal.

Is it true that this is normal behaviour for Elite trainers?

DrySide

Postby DrySide » Mon May 23, 2022 10:44 pm

When I changed the 11 speed cassette on my Suito from 11-28 to 11-30, I noticed the cadence reading was super low when spinning up climbs in Zwift. So my first idea was to use a crank arm cadence sensor. Problem is I am using an Apple TV and it only has two bluetooth inputs for Zwift. The Suito and the Rizer had them in use. A little digging around and I learned of a great feature that the Suito has. The "Power Meter Link". I could use the Garmn Vector 3 pedals as the source of power and cadence. I followed this setup guide..

https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403492516242-Power-Meter-Link-PML-function

And now power and cadence are spot on. Here is a diagram of my Zwift setup..

gregorybrembo

Postby gregorybrembo » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:55 pm

Bonjour, je viens d'acheter un suito T et je suis également très embêté par le problème de cadence, c'est exactement le même soucis, du 11 au 20 nickel, et du 23 au 30 la cadence chute gravement (45 au lieu de 90) !!!!
La puissance quand a elle me donne entre 10 à 15 watts de plus :?: :shock: comparé a mon SRM !!!
Mon cardio quand a lui fonctionne une fois sur deux ! Pourtant bien appairé.
Et la distance quand a elle, bahhhhhh. sur 5 entrainements elle n'aura été qu'une seule fois au bout, elle s'arête toujours avant, des fois au bout de 300 mètres !!!::: sur une sortie de 30 !
Il va falloir m'aider svp

gglorenz

Postby gglorenz » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:11 pm

I have the same issue. It seems to occur when the gear ratio drops below 1:1. I read in some other forums that it happens with other trainers too. No known fix. Only solution seems to be a cadence sensor mounted separately.

Return to “Suito”