Power meter and controller stopped working (ERG mode)

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

DDmors

Power meter and controller stopped working (ERG mode)

Postby DDmors » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:59 am

Today for no reason my Power meter and resistance control on my newer (Dec 2020) Suito trainer stopped working. I been using for a few week now with no issues including last night.

This happened in Zwift when I went for a ride. Zwift was not detecting my trainer under any Ant+ devices. After rebooting my PC and unplugging the trainer it was detected Zwift. It didn't look right when it was detected. It kept saying the single was lost and would go fine again. Starting my ride and the wattage and resistance control was not working. The Cadence sensor was the only thing working.

I tried the My Elite Training app on the same PC and it detected my trainer using Ant+ (Bluetooth is another issue). When trying a ride in MyElite it also didn't detect any power.

Tried to update the Firmware in Upgrado app. Connected the trainer with Upgrado App and there was no updated

I have opened a Support ticket and after 1 week they finally go back to me with no useful details. After 2 weeks they would like me to return the unit for repair at my cost for shipping which I don't agree that I should pay. I am currently waiting for Support to get back to me regarding this.

Addition notes on what was tried.
- Tried Bluetooth. That never worked with Elite. Works perfectly with my wife Trek trainer.
- Tried after PC that I used many times in the past. That also failed. Tested Bluetooth and Ant+ on my wife's Trek trainer worked and then tried the Suito and failed :(
- Tried my wife's Trek trainer on my PC using Ant+ and Bluetooth and worked.
- Unplugged my trainer for 1 hour and tried. No difference.

Thank you,

Dan
Last edited by DDmors on Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DDmors

Re: Power meter and controller stopped working

Postby DDmors » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:52 am

Got the trainer working today. Unsure what's steps look to have resolved it.

- kept trainer unplugged overnight
- connect with myetrainer on my phone.
- turned off Bluetooth on the phone.
- connected with ant+ on my pc
- re-added my trainer to myetrainer app on my pc
- tried to recalibrate. Failed
- changed to Bluetooth reconnect.
- tried to recalibrate. Failed
- rebooted everything
- tried recalibrate again using Bluetooth. Success
- tried Zswift using Any+ and worked. Bluetooth still don't agree with zswift
Let's see how long this continues to work

DDmors

Postby DDmors » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:24 pm

The unit is still extremely unstable

After 2 weeks of troubleshooting with Elite support under ticket number Elite #105777 they would like to replace the unit for repair under warrantee.

DDmors

Postby DDmors » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Another person with the same issue
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2755&p=8475#p8475

DDmors

Postby DDmors » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Another person with this issue

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2860

kimbogus

Postby kimbogus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi there,

Im having the exact same problem with my Elite Nero. Cadence shown via Ant+ and bluetooth but Power and Resistance is not working, despite the sensors are shown as connect in Garmin and Zwift. The LEDs insread are blinking, which suggests, the connection is lost.

barry.gaunt

Postby barry.gaunt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Zwift released an update on 25th Jan including: "Fixed a bug that could cause some users to be unable to pair Bluetooth devices" so make sure you have updated your Zwift app.

DDmors

Postby DDmors » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Thank you @barry.gaunt. I will give this a try today. This might help with the Bluetooth issue not with the Resistance issue with the system as a whole.

@"Elite Admin S" can you please assist all users with this issue?

Thank you,

kimbogus

Postby kimbogus » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi guys,

Zwift-Update does not have any affect. Still not working. Same with Garmin Fenix via Ant+.
Btw. in my Case (Elite Nero) it seems like doing a Workout on Zwift Ergo-Mode is working but still Power is not transmitted.

hernandez_christ

Postby hernandez_christ » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi

Same here. All was fine on zwift. Then my coupon on zwift expired so I went back on my e training and it was fine. I once did a ride controlled by garmin and it was perfect as well.
Next ride with myEtraining, there the difficulty was constant (and harder than usual) whatever the slope was. Indeed my cadence (here 85rpm) was leading to a certain velocity (here 25kph) and then when the slope was varying the output power was evolving accordingly but without me pushing harder. I mean without any issue myEtraining told me I was doing 1200W for couple of minutes or so when I was in a 6% slope...
Yesterday I tried with rouvy and the behavior was same. Looks like the integrated software is buggy.

Usually I let my home trainer plugged in and in sleep mode. From time to time it wakes up on its own, I find it weird but OK. Can this "always plugged" somehow makes issue?
I unplugged it yesterday and I'm yet to test it again. I'll keep you posted.
For now the HT is unusable.

Return to “Suito”