Suito zwift free ride low resistance

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jcpaci

Suito zwift free ride low resistance

Postby jcpaci » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:01 am

Hi - my Suito works great so far except for one issue.

When I do a free ride on Zwift, if I'm on a slight downhill or even a flat, I can't get enough resistance even in my highest gear if I want to go faster. In ERG mode, this isn't an issue, since Zwift controls the resistance so it doesn't matter what gear I'm in, but it makes free rides very frustrating. Is there a way I can change the "default"(?) resistance for the Suito? I know I can't do this on Zwift, but is there a way to do it in the My E-Training App? I've tried connecting zwift on my computer to the Suito and my e training through my phone to the suito, both over bluetooth, but they can't connect simultaneously. Would getting an ANT+ dongle help?

jcpaci

Re: Suito zwift free ride low resistance

Postby jcpaci » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:28 am

Re-flagging this for the admins -- any answer?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:02 am

Hi

When you are on a descent, the trainer is set to its minimum resistance. It's due to the simulation algorithm, this is the condition more similar to the reality as it guarantee the lower power. If we increase resistance, it would like like pedaling on a climb.

jcpaci

Postby jcpaci » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:55 pm

As I said, even on a flat, I need to go to the highest possible gear on my bike and spin at a cadence of over 100 just to get into the 300-400 watt range. It makes it impossible to sprint, since I can't increase the gear -- the only way to go faster is to continue increasing cadence.

One thought I had -- can I pair Zwift with ANT+ and pair My Elite Fitness with bluetooth, and change the power/watts in My Elite Fitness? I'm not sure if the Suito can connect to two devices at once.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:31 am

Hi

Please select level mode in my e-training and pedal at constant speed.
Increase gradually the level and tell me if you feel the resistance change or not.

Regards

Return to “Suito”