Another Suito calibration issue

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

friikadello

Re: Another Suito calibration issue

Postby friikadello » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 pm

Had the same issue! As far as I understand its Bluetooth connection issue. My phone was using ant+ to connect to Suito, but I changed to Bluetooth and then it worked. Besides that turned off TV, lapot or anything around that could interface with signal.
And I call it a BS that Elite can't fix it. Their app is so basic.. It doesn't even explain what went wrong. Sometimes this calibration pop-up window say spin faster and shows only your speed, sometimes it shows spin faster and underneath it says that the goal is to get steady 30 km/h, sometimes it's just blank.
They are lazy or they simply don't care about customers.

JBowker

Postby JBowker » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:41 pm

In my case, the ONLY bluetooth connection in the entire room (my garage) is my phone, so it's not a bluetooth "interference" issue for me. I'll just keep riding it... with the number of posts indicating that Elite hasn't helped customers fix these issues, I don't foresee them doing anything different for me, and in the scheme of things,,, my unit doesn't do a LOT of the other things that you and others have posted about. If it acts up any more, or does something that affects my ability to use it properly, I'll contact customer support. Thanks for the reply

red.hell@libero.it

Postby red.hell@libero.it » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:47 am

Hi all, same problem here

I bought a Suito on March, do a couple of calibration from March to April, lockdown period in Italy, and after that I start cycling out and go back to indoor training in october. I've tried several times to calibrate but nothing happens, fails everytime. Tried both with smartphone with bluetooth connection and PC with ant+ dongle with a fresh My-Etraining install. Sometimes it shows me the speed to reach and most of the times it doesn't.

I would like to take an ftp test but I prefer to have the trainer calibrate first.

red.hell@libero.it

Postby red.hell@libero.it » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Tried today with Zwift in-app calibration but it doesn't work, ask me to came to 37 km/h, I just passed it, stay at 38-40 km/h for about 2 min but never ask me to stop pedaling

kebels

Postby kebels » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:25 pm

I once had the issue of not calibrating and keep mentioning to push faster.

What I found out (and have no issues since when calibrating): pedal to nearly 30km/h (~29,5-30) and stay, no matter if it says to go faster. Then it works...Maybe it is just the message saying to increase speed that is wrong?

KR
Simon

red.hell@libero.it

Postby red.hell@libero.it » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:56 pm

kebels wrote:I once had the issue of not calibrating and keep mentioning to push faster.

What I found out (and have no issues since when calibrating): pedal to nearly 30km/h (~29,5-30) and stay, no matter if it says to go faster. Then it works...Maybe it is just the message saying to increase speed that is wrong?

KR
Simon

I do the same, but 2-3 minutes is too much

If I remember correctly, the last time it works, I think in april, just passed the 30km/h asks to stop pedaling.

sheriagcole

Postby sheriagcole » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello all, I too am having calibration issues. It is way too hard, even when I am trying to just cool down. I am so frustrated! I gave away my other trainer to upgrade and now I am kicking myself for this very poor decision. I don't know who to go to or where to go to get help on this. I train for Ironman events, I need to get this working properly. Does anyone have any ideas?

carl_loos

Postby carl_loos » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:13 am

My Suito

Managed to calibrate once.

I was able to ride with ZWIFT for 2 days and everything worked.
And now the trainer does not adjust resistance anymore.
The road goes up and down but the resistance stays exactly the same.
No difference whatsoever.

What can be done to fix this?

This Suito gave me already more stress than it gave me fun. :evil:

Carl

red.hell@libero.it

Postby red.hell@libero.it » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:53 pm

carl_loos wrote:My Suito

Managed to calibrate once.

I was able to ride with ZWIFT for 2 days and everything worked.
And now the trainer does not adjust resistance anymore.
The road goes up and down but the resistance stays exactly the same.
No difference whatsoever.

What can be done to fix this?

This Suito gave me already more stress than it gave me fun. :evil:

Carl

https://www.bdc-mag.com/forum/attachmen ... pg.173176/

controllable trainer, bottom right icon, is blue?

If you have garmin express installed is closed, also the icon in the tray bar?

anyone tries the new upgrado app for firmware upgrade? https://www.elite-it.com/it/prodotti/ap ... re/upgrado

red.hell

Postby red.hell » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:10 pm

finally yesterday I completed a calibration

after 1h training in zwift I switch off the pc, open myetraining on smartphone, check in level mode that the trainer is controllable moving up and down levels -controllable but a bit slow responding- and than tried a calibration

first try - form wheel stopped I try pedaling hard as I can, reached 60 km/h over 500W but nothing, speed to reach not shown
second try - from wheel stopped accelerating gradually, reached 67 km/h, about 500W, speed to reach not shown
third try - wheel still moving not fast, start calibration, speed to reach shown, do 3-4 stroke to reach it, and than ask to stop pedaling

the spindown value was more or less 9840

tried again in zwift and I had no great changes, but it perfoms well also before

but I have nothing to compare the power output

Return to “Suito”