Suito resistance way too high

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

dustedrob

Suito resistance way too high

Postby dustedrob » Wed May 27, 2020 7:31 pm

I just got a brand new Elite Suito and wanted to take it for a test ride but I found the resistance to be extremely tight for anything. I'm pushing >400 watts on the small chainring and largest cog to even get it to move. I tried doing the calibration on the Android and Windows app and It's impossible to get it to speed. The same for Zwift.

I've used other smart trainers in the past and I feel this is very abnormal. It shouldn't be as tight as it is. Is there a way to manually reduce the resistance on the trainer? or maybe the unit is defective?

I made sure that it is using the latest firmware with the upgrado app.

msgcycle

Re: Suito resistance way too high

Postby msgcycle » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:22 pm

I am having the same issue. Opened a ticket for it. The resistance is hard and does not respond to changes in terrain in Zwift, which it did until a month ago. Can't use it now as I am gassed after about 10 minutes pedaling. And I have yet to find a way to calibrate it.

adamklein

Postby adamklein » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 pm

I'm also having this issue. Did either of you get it fixed?

ynikolov

Postby ynikolov » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:00 am

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. I have just got the Suito two days ago and was so excited to start pedaling with it. I have set up myEtraining and Kinomap. After about 15 minutes of ride the resistance got too high that i was pushing a lot of power trying to rotate that pedals. The resistance was way to high and stopped responding to any change in elevation or power. The calibaration is not possible. I tried several times but it was failing each time. I tried resetting everything, reinstalling the tools....everything.

Is there a way somehow to the set the Suito to its factory settings.

I have opened a ticket already but decided to share my experience here as well. The device is not usable. Waiting for any feedback with a hope to fix it

As an additional info i have to say that I can hear sounds out of the trainer when changes in the evaluation starts however there is no change in the resistance. Seems like the brake is somehow blocked...the trainer/software tries to change the break position but it can not due to a mechanical issue.

Could it be that some reference values for the brake position are messed up? Therefore i was asking for kind of reset to factory option

Regards

alvinchai17

Postby alvinchai17 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:07 pm

Have any of you been contacted by Elite to resolve this issue?

I'm very close to returning this and going with Wahoo

shellsson

Postby shellsson » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:25 am

Hi!
Hope everything is well with you.

I yesterday unboxed a new Elite Suito. Looks great! Exited to do some training on ZWIFT. I smashed myself trying to do a nice training in ERG mode. 

- I am finding the power readings coming through to zwift from Suito way to low?
- I also have a Wahoo Tickr HR monitor. Can this be a problem with Elite Suito and Zwift (I suspect it can)?

Have tried a lot of calibration stuff
- spin down in Etraining- spin down in zwift
- started a training in etraining and then go back to zwift (maybe this is the best?)
- unpaired my wahoo HR monitor

but havent succeeded to get it dialed in yet. Am I missing something?

Can you pls guide me because my main platform is ZWIFT. Do all my training there.

Best

Fredrik

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:15 am

Hi guys

If you have problems with the resistance of the trainer or if the situation is not realistic, first of all do the calibration (please do it using our app or software, as we don't know how the other software perform the calibration).

If the problem persists or calibration doesn't seem to work, contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com. The guys there will ask you some specific test to understand the cause of the problem

About shellsson doubts on the HR monitor, it shouldn't be a problem.
Anyway, contact the customer care

Regards

shellsson

Postby shellsson » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Uppdate.

I have now done tests with Garmin Vector 3 and Suito and the power readings are great.
Had some problem the first times I connected the Suito to Zwift but maybe it was my fault. Really dont know.

I did some Spindowns in E-Training and some workouts there and the readings from Vector and Suito was almost similar.
Today I did a FTP-Test in Zwift (20 min) and it worked just fine.

I am really happy with the Elite Suito right now and the customer service have been really helpul!

Take care out there!

Fredrik

gaetam

Postby gaetam » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 am

ynikolov wrote:Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. I have just got the Suito two days ago and was so excited to start pedaling with it. I have set up myEtraining and Kinomap. After about 15 minutes of ride the resistance got too high that i was pushing a lot of power trying to rotate that pedals. The resistance was way to high and stopped responding to any change in elevation or power. The calibaration is not possible. I tried several times but it was failing each time. I tried resetting everything, reinstalling the tools....everything.

Is there a way somehow to the set the Suito to its factory settings.

I have opened a ticket already but decided to share my experience here as well. The device is not usable. Waiting for any feedback with a hope to fix it

As an additional info i have to say that I can hear sounds out of the trainer when changes in the evaluation starts however there is no change in the resistance. Seems like the brake is somehow blocked...the trainer/software tries to change the break position but it can not due to a mechanical issue.

Could it be that some reference values for the brake position are messed up? Therefore i was asking for kind of reset to factory option

Regards

I have exactly the same issue, It's useless to say calibration is impossible since you will never getto 37 KM, firmware is up to date, ticket opened but nobody back to me. Want to know if someone was able to fix, or I should bring it back to the shop. It's brand new

joverowa

Postby joverowa » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi guys

If you have problems with the resistance of the trainer or if the situation is not realistic, first of all do the calibration (please do it using our app or software, as we don't know how the other software perform the calibration).

If the problem persists or calibration doesn't seem to work, contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com. The guys there will ask you some specific test to understand the cause of the problem

Regards

The problem is, that it isn't possible to calibrate

1) In Zwift, I can not see the wrench Icon
2) If I want to calibrate with my Garmin, nothing happens and the LED for the ANT+ connection keeps blinking even if I can see my speed, wattage, cadans,...
3) Elite app: The app asks me to increase speed, but even if I ride +50 km/hr, nothing happens...

Return to “Suito”