Suito resistance way too high

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

rodriguezpovedajuan

Re: Suito resistance way too high

Postby rodriguezpovedajuan » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:43 pm

I have the same problem. Raised a ticket on it. I did hundreds calibration with ELITE app and/or Zwift. The problem persists. I followed a POWER and LEVEL test in Elite app with crazy resistance in both tests. Desperate, my winter training will be massively impacted. Quite disappointed with this quality issue.

sini.reiman

Postby sini.reiman » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Nobody solved this problem?? Resistance way too high. Anybody got answers???

arnaudcoteb

Postby arnaudcoteb » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi,

ELITE SUITO IS THE WORST TRAINER I EVER HAD SO FAR!
I have the exact same problem, a week ago everything was working perfectly but now my trainer is way too stiff, I am trying to reach the 30km/h that they ask us to push in order to do the calibration but I cant even reach that point.

I managed to push it to 30 km/h, it gave me 1601 of spindown value. While my stage power meter was able to read 1200 watts of power only to be able to bring it to the 30 km/h! ELITE COULD YOU HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite didnt reply so far!

red.hell@libero.it

Postby red.hell@libero.it » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 pm

arnaudcoteb wrote:Hi,

ELITE SUITO IS THE WORST TRAINER I EVER HAD SO FAR!
I have the exact same problem, a week ago everything was working perfectly but now my trainer is way too stiff, I am trying to reach the 30km/h that they ask us to push in order to do the calibration but I cant even reach that point.

I managed to push it to 30 km/h, it gave me 1601 of spindown value. While my stage power meter was able to read 1200 watts of power only to be able to bring it to the 30 km/h! ELITE COULD YOU HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite didnt reply so far!

Hi,
have you try to pedal in level mode before do the calibration and move up and down the levels?

I feel that in calibration didn't reduce fully the resistance but "remember" last setup. So if you go in level mode and fall back to 1 probably it goes to the lower resistance

Anyway have you tried to upgrade the firmware via upgrado app?

34farmdog

Postby 34farmdog » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:22 pm

I have had the Suito since October, and it seems Zwift is a much smoother app to ride in so that is where I ended up after a month of E-Training. On Zwift a couple weeks now and decided to try a calibration.
I checked a number of threads on the Elite forum to try to figure out how to calibrate the Suito (my 1st interactive trainer) - and got kind of scared by what I read. Anyhow - I tried to calibrate with Zwift - and that option was not available. Then I checked 'Help' on the Zwift Companion App - where I was directed to use the Elite My E-Training app.
First I installed the Upgrado software upgrader for Elite - and it indicated my software is up to date. Tried then to calibrate using the iOS E-Training app and got a several 'calibration failed' messages. Then I tried the Mac E-Training app and got a calibration fail with it. Tried again - but got right on the pedals when was told a target speed - and got up to speed quick (instead of the more cautious buildup used in previous attempts) - and it had a sort of success - I did get a calibration result with spindown value of 11054. Not sure what any of this really means or if my trainer will work any differently next time I go back.
Too bad it seems so difficult to find good instructions for Elite -without having to contact customer care.
td

bbouthoorn

Postby bbouthoorn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Adding my problems here as well, hoping it counts towards Elite getting a solution in place.

Had the trainer since end of December. Initial setup via android telephone did not work.
Second try via an Iphone did work however, with a value of 10582. Since then, resistance has become an increasing problem. for instance, Zwift shows me the info while shifting to the easiest gear that I now have to cycle around 400 watts to reach 60 rpm. 400 watts according to a separate power meter, while the power meter included in the suito mentions i'm having a 30 watt output seen in Zwift.

Calibrating a third time was not succesfull, had to pedal like a madman to get a value of plm 1950.
Since then recalibrating has not been succesfull since I can't seem to reach the target speed of 30 km/h, resistance feels indeed, as the title says, way too high.

Have added a ticket in Elite support. Will post once I have any feedback or other results.

besnard.alex

Postby besnard.alex » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:25 am

Hello,

Adding my voice to this thread, hoping to hear some good news from anyone soon.

Similar story to those above... got my Elite Suito trainer in December and everything was running fine in Zwift up to nyesterday (2 months after initial use...). Started a race in Zwift when my Power output started to indicate a drastic decrease, while resistance started to increase like crazy. I had to quit the race, tried a few things (disconnect, reboot, take a flat route, etc) to no avail. Checked the firmware, tried to calibrate in Elite app... no luck. Gave it a good night of sleep... no dice.
I can’t even get to the required speed to perform a spin down calibration.

I opened a ticket today with Elite, but hoping someone here receives good news... would be a huge shame if we all had to return our trainers for repairs...

Cheers

nessim.sakka

Postby nessim.sakka » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:28 pm

Same issue! Just unpacked my Suito T today.
I can’t use Zwift as the resistance spikes within a minute to a level I can’t manage.

Calibrating with the E-training app it asks me to hit a target speed of 94km/h!
Pedalling at a very slow pace (irl about 10kmh) it shows in the calibration mode as 54kmh.

Spindown test in Zwift doesn’t work either. I hit the target speed but then it says “keep pedalling” forever.

I emailed support. Out of box experience is awefull!
Have it for 1 day but might as well return it if I got no fix from Elite this week.

nessim.sakka

Postby nessim.sakka » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi guys. If any of you have a Wahoo computer znd paired it to the Suito THIS IS THE CAUSE! Found a post about this. I had connected my wahoo as a first step after unboxing.

I removed the trainer from my wahoo, went to Elite My Etraining app, selected a workout, started pedaling and after a couple of seconds I stopped. (You don’t need to finish the workout).

THIS FIXED MY RESISTANCE ISSUE. Go figure.

besnard.alex

Postby besnard.alex » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Hello all,

The Elite support has gotten back to me. After a few diagnostic tests, they confirmed the problem is with the Electronic board, and indicated I’m not the only one with the issue. They will ship me a new board so I can replace it myself.

Just thought you should know. I suggest you reach out to Elite support, in a week and a few email exchanges, they’re now sending the board, so I suspect the overall downtime will be about 2 weeks.

Take care

Return to “Suito”