Resistance too easy

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

bikesteff

Re: Resistance too easy

Postby bikesteff » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:08 pm

** 6% if you have dual chain rings

Just tried it ... yes, it is possible but I dont know if that should not be possible. 6% is not too hard to climb.

But what I have recognized is something else: When riding without gradients it seems that there is no "extra" resistance from the magnetic brake or at least you can not feel it. So my idea from the calibration above seems to be correct. The Nero is something like a "normal" roller as long as there are no gradients.

victorrubin

Postby victorrubin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:40 pm

I was asking because on my old Nero I found 6% really hard and I had to move to the smaller chainring but on the new rollers I can happily stay in the big chainring.

**But what I have recognized is something else:
Without gradients there should be no resistance at all so in my opinion it is normal.

**If I understood it correctly, then there is an opportunity to use SPD's together with Favero's
Thanks I had seen that when doing my research but unfortunately that would void the warranty.

** Later they explained that the reason for this was a power difference of about 10 Watt between left an right.
I would have thought that 10 watts was so small I would not worry about it.

bikesteff

Postby bikesteff » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Sorry for the late reply, it was a hard week ...

With my nero the resistance for 6% hills feels approximately right. Of course I can not say the same like in real world because I would say that the power in the display is something like a mean value not only in time also over one single crank roation. In real world you do not have the resistance of the roller itself so the peak power maybe gets smoothed. Could be a reason for the phenomen that 6% is not 6%?? Maybe they have changed the software on the roller? Is the any way to check the software version of the roller? Which version do you use?

Return to “Nero”