Enter spindown number in the app

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

nicky

Enter spindown number in the app

Postby nicky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:46 am

There are three of us that use the rollers, so each of us has to do a spin down every time we use them. We all know what the number should be so would it be possible to modify the smartphone app so it can be directly entered or selected from a list of previously used ones?

dwtrux

Re: Enter spindown number in the app

Postby dwtrux » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:06 pm

I see the spin down number when I perform the test but have no idea what it means. What does those numbers represent?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 am

Hi

The number you get from calibration depends on the friction on the trainer.
It's not something you can digit directly.
If accuracy is not correct, it may means that the spindown has not been done properly.
Remember to follow these rules:
- the trainer must have been kept folded at least for a couple of hours before doing the calibration
- calibration must be done immediately after you've unfolded

If you still have problems with accuracy, contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com
Regards

nicky

Postby nicky » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:03 am

That wasn't my point though. If there are multiple people using them there needs to be a way of manually entering the number as having to wait a couple of hours between users is not realistic and we all know what our number should be.

ThomasHu

Postby ThomasHu » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi

If accuracy is not correct, it may means that the spindown has not been done properly.
- the trainer must have been kept folded at least for a couple of hours before doing the calibration

If you still have problems with accuracy, contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com
Regards

Hi,
as Nicky mentioned already... that wasn't the point. I have the same issue. My wife and I sharing the Nero for Zwift. She is 25kg lighter than I. The nero reports easly 50% too much power for my wife if I calibrate the Nero. Waiting 2h beetween sessions is not an option. Is there an option to save and restore different configurations to the Nero (dd if=/dev/mdtXX/configspace of=configfile; dd if=configfile of=/dev/mdtXX/configspace)?

Best regards
Thomas

ThomasHu

Postby ThomasHu » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:43 am

I'm very dissapointed that I got no answer from Elite staff since October! I really regret the purchase of the Nero.

Regards
Thomas

ThomasHu wrote:
Elite Admin S wrote:Hi

Regards

Hi,
as Nicky mentioned already... that wasn't the point. I have the same issue. My wife and I sharing the Nero for Zwift. She is 25kg lighter than I. The nero reports easly 50% too much power for my wife if I calibrate the Nero. Waiting 2h beetween sessions is not an option. Is there an option to save and restore different configurations to the Nero (dd if=/dev/mdtXX/configspace of=configfile; dd if=configfile of=/dev/mdtXX/configspace)?

Best regards
Thomas

ThomasHu

Postby ThomasHu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:19 pm

nicky wrote:There are three of us that use the rollers, so each of us has to do a spin down every time we use them. We all know what the number should be so would it be possible to modify the smartphone app so it can be directly entered or selected from a list of previously used ones?

Elite is still ignoring these posts...

jk.chik

Postby jk.chik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:40 am

I have commented about this in a previous post with regards to the Suito, a direct-drive trainer. Since rider weight would seem to me to have far less impact on this type of trainer versus rollers, it would be great for other users to enter in the spindown number rather than run the calibration themselves (which sometimes can be finicky).

Return to “Nero”