Nero thumping noise at 2 to 3% grade

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

dwtrux

Nero thumping noise at 2 to 3% grade

Postby dwtrux » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:08 pm

After riding about 20 minutes and going up a 2 to 3% grade on My E Training video where the resistance starts to clamp down or get harder, I started hearing a thumping or bumping noise in the back by the roller magnetic resistance control. If I went back down to a level area on the video and the noise went away and if I got up to 4 % grade with resistance, the noise was less noticeable.

I have about 1000 miles on the rollers since June 2019. Is anyone else experiencing this noise? Is there something I need to do or be concerned about? Up until today, my Nero rollers normally did not make the noise as the resistance got greater but now does.

nilsen

Re: Nero thumping noise at 2 to 3% grade

Postby nilsen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:20 pm

I've made a very similar experience and would like to get support of Elite!

dwtrux

Postby dwtrux » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:49 pm

still only occasionally getting the noise. Road up mountain route yesterday at about 7% grade for 3 or 4 miles and no such noise.

Elite said it might be a bearing problem but I am trying to figure out if it is something with position of bike versus heat etc since the noise goes away for 100s of miles and had only come back like twice since I posted my first question. Weird.

dwtrux

Postby dwtrux » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Loud thumbing noise came back today on a 3-7% climb when resistance kicked in. So loud that it was disturbing and it goes away when dropping down below 3% or flat areas. Almost sounds like something is loose inside the right side of the roller mount, but the rollers still work and the resistance seems to be applied.

I plan on calling USA distributor for assistance as my Nero rollers are still in warranty.

dwtrux

Postby dwtrux » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:24 pm

By the way, I ride the rollers about 5 days a week for about 10 miles or 30 to 40 minutes a day depending on the route and climbing. No other change in location, but temperature varies daily as it is in my garage. No extreme temperatures. Also, today's ride with the thumping noise was the first ride in three days.

gspalm7774

Postby gspalm7774 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:42 pm

I have had the same problem for the past 6 months. I posted recently and received no assistance from the company. If you get a solution please let me know.

dwtrux

Postby dwtrux » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:50 pm

I am remiss in not posting here. Elite did replace my Nero rollers that had the thumping sound on resistance. Took a couple of weeks but as Shane would say "Happy Days" as the replacement works perfectly! Smooth and gradual resistance on hill climbing to the max of 7%. NO NOISE or thumping anymore. I have been using for over 1000 miles and the unit still performs well. Use Rouvy, Kino and My E Training Apps - all work very well.

kwestooor

Postby kwestooor » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Replacement is the only option? Do you know what was the issue btw?

dwtrux

Postby dwtrux » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:33 am

Did not find out what the issue was- they just wanted it back.

Somewhere else I seem to recall that someone disassembled the side and found some loose material which they removed and were back up. Since warranty was in place, I had no need to disassemble.

victorrubin

Postby victorrubin » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:20 am

dwtrux wrote:Loud thumbing noise came back today on a 3-7% climb when resistance kicked in. So loud that it was disturbing and it goes away when dropping down below 3% or flat areas. Almost sounds like something is loose inside the right side of the roller mount, but the rollers still work and the resistance seems to be applied.
I had the same issue although I had a small thumping noise since using the rollers whenever it got over 3%. I thought that was normal. However a year later the noise got so loud around 5%-7% I had to contact Elite who explained that they were faulty and needed replacement since they couldn't be repaired.

Return to “Nero”