Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer Tension Issue

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jackm08

Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer Tension Issue

Postby jackm08 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:25 pm

I use my trainer on Zwift. Today I was doing a training ride and I noticed the cadence seemed to be jumping aroound quite a bit. The values would go from 75 to 140 although I kept my legs turning over at the same rate. After the training ride I did a normal ride on Zwift. My w/kg were beyong what am I capable. I can hold round 2.5 w/kg for an hour or so. Today the values were up over 7 w/k.g. In addition, there was no tension on hills. It was operating like a dumb trainer.

My wife tired it an had the same issue.

I tried zwift on a second computer and the issue was the same.

Anyone know of anything that can be done?

Elite Admin S

Re: Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer Tension Issue

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi

Qubo Digital Smart B+ uses a sensorless cadence algorithm that calculates cadence basing on microvariations that appears on speed when you give a pedal stroke. This works well if the chain is well tensed but can be unprecise when it is not (for example, if you have high cadence at low power).

So, first of all be sure that the chain of the bike is clean and well tighten.
Check also if the problem appears only in particular conditions.
If the problem persists, contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com, the guys there will ask you some test to understand better the situation

Regards

jackm08

Postby jackm08 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:49 pm

I have been working with the support team who are very good. This appears to be a hardware issue. There is a rod that extends from the motor that looks to be ceased. I will update this once the analysis is complete

goodhand_gibbon

Postby goodhand_gibbon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 am

any news? mines stuck on hard resistance and when the motor tries to withdraw it just spins. i have heard there is a magnet cradle that can be replaced, how do i find out?

Return to “Qubo Power Mag Smart B+ / Aleno”