Does my Turno show correct speed?

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Prettorian

Does my Turno show correct speed?

Postby Prettorian » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 am

Hi, I want to ask your opinion regarding the speed value my Turno gives me.
When I do a training with avg power around 170-180W, avg speed is aprox 20 km/h. When I have the same avg power riding outside, avg speed is aprox 27 km/h.
Thanks.

Elite Admin S

Re: Does my Turno show correct speed?

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:42 pm

It is correct.
Turno it's not a simulator, its power curve grows up very quickly compared to what happens on outdoor rides. The effort is higher.

Here's a link to a document that explains how this kind of trainers work (it's about Turbo Muin, but it's the same concept):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By4rZ ... XpKZU5JMlk

Regards

Bianchi

Re: Does my Turno show correct speed?

Postby Bianchi » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:35 pm

I found my solution

I bought the Turno mainly because it is very quiet, the previous device disturbed the neighbors in the house with noise. The setting of the bike circumference in the MyETraining application and the output parameters did not correspond to the approximate reality, so I came up with my own solution that suits me today.

According to the rides during the season, I average 30 km per hour, which worked out to me for 1 kilometer = 2 minutes. I set the wheel size /circumference/ to 3299 in the application and everything works perfectly for me according to my speed and parameters in normal operation. I don't care about anything else. I do not use Zwift, Rouvy and other applications.

The only problem I have is with pairing on the computer. HRate, Cadence and Power are paired, but Trainer never, so I only use the mobile app where everything works fine. The result is then transferred to the computer. I only use MyETraining app - other devices don't, I would in the application measurements also accept Calories .

http://www.bianchi.wz.cz/circunference.htm

Sorry for the translation.

Return to “Turno”