Kura calibration

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

haavard

Kura calibration

Postby haavard » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 pm

I have a Kura and rely on it’s wattage accuracy to control the intensity of my training an record the progress. The Kura can be calibrated via the app and I have done this once. This caused a significant change from the factory setting, as I don’t expect that I got in 10 % better shape in just one week ;)

The accuracy (the real wattage) value does not matter to me as much as the precision; getting the same value back from the same effort and by that recording the relative progress.

Do you recommend me to calibrate the Kura before every use? Or will this just cause extra noise compared to doing it once and then leaving the calibration settings alone.

Elite Admin S

Re: Kura calibration

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:23 am

Hi

We suggest to do a calibration every 3-4 weeks to have very precise reading.
Remember to do a 10 minutes warm up every time before running the calibration procedure! It is very important to have a good calibration! ;)

Regards

irfant

Postby irfant » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:34 pm

How can we calibrate Kura via App?

Do you mean My E-Training App? I did not see any button or menu for calibration.

Thank you in advance.

Irfan

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:09 am

You can find the calibration option in the advanced settings.
Notice that if you have selected an external power source, the option won't appear.

Regards

sh-g

Postby sh-g » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:17 pm

In case you haven't seen them, here's the calibration method for the Kura from the Elite website.

Cycle for a good 10 minutes first.

To calibrate, follow these steps: - Run MyETraining app

- Power on the trainer ( only in the case of Drivo or Direto, in case of Kura, pedal faster than 5 km/h for a few seconds until the LEDs start to flashing )
- Click on "Parameters" -> "Advanced Configuration" - Click on "Calibration trainer"
- A message will appear asking you to start pedaling
- Increase the speed up to 25 km/h (the speed value is not shown in the video) until the message "Stop pedaling" appears.
( Attention: if the message doesn't appear within 10 seconds, press CANCEL and start again the procedure )

leon.gierat

Postby leon.gierat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am

I haven't tried this yet, do you get some indication of the adjustment post calibration? I.e if I did an FTP test the previous week, do I need to redo it when I calibrate, or can I just modify according to the calibration results?

Return to “Kura”