Sleepy Kura

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

t17ood

Sleepy Kura

Postby t17ood » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 am

Hi,

I have two issues I would appreciate assistance with:

I'm having some issues with waking my Kura up - seems I got a lazy one! If I jump on and start peddling, the trainer does not wake up - does not recognise movement and does not transmit on either protocol. If I plug it in to power it wakes, then I can remove the power and carry on as normal with the internal battery showing as fully charged. I don't really want to send it back as I have thrown the packaging - is there a fix for this?
It did work as it should the first time I used it and I followed the instructions and rode for 15mins to charge the internal battery but its not worked since then.

Also, The manual states that the bluetooth smart and Ant+ protocols are mutually exclusive i.e. it broadcasts on one or the other but not both at the same time; yet, I can quite easily pair with my Garmin on Ant+ and my iPhone on Bluetooth at the same time - are there any issues with doing this?

Elite Admin S

Re: Sleepy Kura

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:57 am

Hi

About the Kura issue, please contact our customer care at real@elite-it.com explaining the problem, they will ask you some test to understand the cause of the issue.

About the simultaneous use of ant+ and bluetooth, the bluetooth should switch off the ant+ communication. But if this won't happen for some reason, there aren't any contraindication.

Regards

t17ood

Postby t17ood » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:22 pm

All sorted thanks. Resetting the Kura solved the sleepy issue.

I've also worked out that it wasn't broadcasting simultaneously on ant and bluetooth - my Zwift was just pairing onto my stages power meter, which I thought was disabled.

hasankocyigit

Postby hasankocyigit » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 am

Hello,
I bought a Kura 3 months ago, at the begining it had worked fine but last 3-4 times Bluetooth drops and any led on Kura does not flashing or shine, but next day I tried to pedal and lights are flashing and connecting to iPhone (Swift ortamda myetraining)) again but after 5-10 min Bluetooth connection drops and lights do not flashing or shine? Should I reset device, if yes how? Could you help?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:27 am

Hi

When you start pedaling, the red led is always lit or is it flashing?
Can you tell me at what speed and power were you running before the communication drop?

Regards

hasankocyigit

Postby hasankocyigit » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:01 am

Sorry for late response because i could not use it. So, If did not know it has usb charging function, i charged it and working. Again, it happens my power was low about 100-120w generally warming section, as far as I understand power is not enough to charge the device.

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi

When you start pedaling, the red led is always lit or is it flashing?
Can you tell me at what speed and power were you running before the communication drop?

Regards

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:20 am

I confirm you that 100-120W are too low to charge properly the battery. Run a little faster and you should be able to recharge it.

Regards

Przemo

Postby Przemo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi,

Can You tell me, how You reset this trainer?
I have the same problem.

t17ood wrote:Hi,

I have two issues I would appreciate assistance with:

I'm having some issues with waking my Kura up - seems I got a lazy one! If I jump on and start peddling, the trainer does not wake up - does not recognise movement and does not transmit on either protocol. If I plug it in to power it wakes, then I can remove the power and carry on as normal with the internal battery showing as fully charged. I don't really want to send it back as I have thrown the packaging - is there a fix for this?
It did work as it should the first time I used it and I followed the instructions and rode for 15mins to charge the internal battery but its not worked since then.

Also, The manual states that the bluetooth smart and Ant+ protocols are mutually exclusive i.e. it broadcasts on one or the other but not both at the same time; yet, I can quite easily pair with my Garmin on Ant+ and my iPhone on Bluetooth at the same time - are there any issues with doing this?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:57 am

Please write to our customer care at real@elite-it.com

Regards

martinalbertobigi

Postby martinalbertobigi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi
for the kura elite roller, where the micro usb input is located, to charge the internal battery, I am having problems, with data reading via bluetooh, possibly due to low energy load.
Cheers

Return to “Kura”