Calibration

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

timo_schultz

Calibration

Postby timo_schultz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am

Dear all,

I need your help:
I have a Real Turbo Muin B+ and a Arion Digital Smart B+. On my bike I have a Power2inpower as powermeter.
Saturday I did a FTP Test with my Powermeter and the Turbo Muin. The power on the combination Rotor/Fenix5 Shows me about 50 Watts less than the combination Turbo Muin/Edge 1000. On Sunday I rode my bike on the Arion Digital, there the combi Rotor/Fenix5 Shows about 30 Watts more than the Roller/Edge.
I think there is a calibration mistake.
Also, if I connect my Fenix to one of both Trainers, I always ride more than 100km/h. The Edge Shows me more realistic velocity.
The App My Etraining gives the oportunity for "professional configuration" with circumference etc. Is there a manual how to calibrate the Turbo Muin. / Arion Digital Smart B+?

Thanks for your help

sebrios

Re: Calibration

Postby sebrios » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 pm

did you try adjusting the wheel size in the software? (I found that helped me) .. that, and the Riders weight
...just my opinion, might be wrong thou

timo_schultz

Postby timo_schultz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Yes, I already tried! There is a exmaple how to get the right circumfence. I am wondering about the differnce in eng / ita:

ITA: - dividere il valore per 3 , per calcolare l'effettiva circonferenza della ruota
ENG: - divide by 2, to calculate the actual circumference of the wheel

I am not a native speaker of ENG or ITA, but 3 is not like 2?!?!

Best regrads
Timo

sebrios

Postby sebrios » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Try this site. I always use it:
http://www.bikegalerie.de/de/berechnungstools/radumfang

just put the resulted number.
when using the Elite software, you do NOT need to divide anything (software makes it internally)

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:48 am

@timo_schultz,

The two procedure are almost identical, but in the italian one it is written to do 3 turns of the wheel and then divide by 3; in the english one it is written to do 2 turns of the wheel and divide by 2. It's the same. More turns, more precision (but really, you'd get the same value at the end as you remove the decimals).

Regards

Return to “General discussion”