Direto and Wahoo Elm t

Zwift, TrainerRoad, Sufferfest, Strava, Garmin, Wahoo...

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Nickblow@mac.com

Direto and Wahoo Elm t

Postby Nickblow@mac.com » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I am pretty hacked off with the fact that my wahoo ELEMNT and Direto do not work together. The speed is out. Even with the ch’aged Wheel circumference it doesn’t give a speed reading and distance. I do think that the two companies, despite being competitors, could cooperate better to solve these problems. :twisted:

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto and Wahoo Elm t

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:34 am

I understand your frustration.

The problem seems to be due to the fact that Elemnt doesn't consider the circumference value you insert.
This is an issue of the Elemnt, we cannot do anything about it.
The only solution is to write to Wahoo customer care and ask for a fix

Regards

jrowen04

Postby jrowen04 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm

I was told they would be compatible!!! I should have bought a kickr instead!

dpeters432

Postby dpeters432 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:59 pm

I have the same issue and I really don't understand why this issue is being pushed back onto your customers!!!! These things are meant operate in accordance with the protocols they are designed to use, in this case BTLE and ANT+. If this interoperability issue was between two obscure vendors I could maybe understand but this is between 2 big players in the game.

When can we expect a fix?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Please contact Wahoo.
They should have release an update about this point

Marcobaggioli@me.com

Postby Marcobaggioli@me.com » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:11 am

Guys, I have the same problem with my new Direto but bear in mind that at least it does provide some reliable power readings. I have purchased and thrown away 4 wahoo, 3 kickrs and 1 snap whose power readings are absolute rubbish.... they do not even have a power meter in the units and derive power by a formula.... their data transmission fails continuously so that your average power information are always off..... stay away from wahoo.... I like their head units but the rest is total shit.

Marcobaggioli@me.com

Postby Marcobaggioli@me.com » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:13 am

Problem is that ELMNT takes in the direto as a trainer which includes speed sensor but does not provide for the wheel circumference settings under the trainer that it does allow for under the speed sensor pairing.... problem is that wahoo does not allow us too chose the direto as a speed sensor either.... they are the rubbish company, not elite... at least in this respect.

Tri233m

Postby Tri233m » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:15 am

TBH, I can't see this ever getting fixed. I had very similar issues with my Rampa turbo, and had several email dialogues back in Feb last year.
I am not the only Rampa owner who sees this same issue.
Elite blame Wahoo, and Wahoo blame Elite. In truth I think the issue lies with Wahoo, but its difficult to know and they don't seem to want to work together.
I even sent both support teams videos showing the issue, and also gave each contacts each other email addy, so they could resolve it between them, but nothing came of it.
In the end I ended up buying a cheap Speed and Cadence sensor from Aldi, which has got round the problem.
It's a bit sh*t that it ended up with me shelling money out to fix the issue and the two companies choosing not to interact to solve it.

Return to “Third Party Applications and non Elite devices”