Elite Rampa not reporting power or cadence anymore

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

foursixnine

Elite Rampa not reporting power or cadence anymore

Postby foursixnine » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:57 am

Hi

Yesterday I was trying one of the excercises on The Sufferfest, and while sprinting in one of the intervals (https://www.strava.com/activities/3122063912/analysis) I heard a metallic noise, and after checking around, the Rampa unit was not reporting power anymore, the resistance can be controlled via my garmin unit (Using level mode, and works pretty well), but unlike in the past, I cannot turn on the trainer by pedaling anymore for example... and again, it doesn't report power or cadence over Bluetooth with the computer or ant+ (on garmin) as it did before :(

Any idea on what I could do, or what's the spare part that I should need? I might try dissasembling the unit somewhen next week, but a hint would be great.

Elite Admin S

Re: Elite Rampa not reporting power or cadence anymore

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am

Hi

It's a mechanical issue.
If the trainer is still under warranty, contact the shop where you bought it and ask for a replacement.
If the warranty has expired, contact our customer care.

paulblamire

Postby paulblamire » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:49 am

This sounds like what happened to mine, one of the magnets for the speed sensor came loose and killed the magnetic speed sensor.

rampa-sensor.jpg
rampa-sensor.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 13315 times

I stripped my unit and I'm trying to replace the (very) small surface mount magnetic senssor, which was attached to that green printed circuit board in the pic.

yismailgb

Postby yismailgb » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:45 pm

hi did you get this sorted?

Return to “Rampa”