Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ (won't re-calibrate)

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

thomas.tyberghein

Re: Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ (won't re-calibrate)

Postby thomas.tyberghein » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:35 am

Dear Guisa,
Dear Elite,

I have the same problem with my rollers. What was the solution from Elite?
The don't answer me..

( resistance very high, low power readings, can't reset, break is always on)

I hope you can help.

kind regards
Thomas
(thomas.tyberghein@telenet.be)

kpijnaker

Postby kpijnaker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi there,

I seem to have the same problem. Has anyone found the solution?

Regards,
Koos

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

This kind of issue requires a deeper analisys and some tests.
Please contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com, the customer care will answer you within 48h

Regards

jorisvanderhenst

Postby jorisvanderhenst » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:56 am

I had a similar problem. Guarantee period just expired. I informed elite end of 2018. A lot of mails from both sides and promises from their side (they would send a carrier to pick up the trainer and fix it but this carrier never showed up while i reserved time for it twice) and more than 2 months later i decided to give up. I'am buying a new trainer and it will be a tacx. Really disappointed in how Elite handled this.

jorisvanderhenst

Postby jorisvanderhenst » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:57 am

I had a similar problem. Guarantee period just expired. I informed elite end of 2018. A lot of mails from both sides and promises from their side (they would send a carrier to pick up the trainer and fix it but this carrier never showed up while i reserved time for it twice) and more than 2 months later i decided to give up. I'am buying a new trainer and it will be a tacx. Really disappointed in how Elite handled this.

ashted

Postby ashted » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:20 am

Turns out there's a threaded shaft inside that got so bound up that the motor which is supposed to adjust the resistance doesn't have the strength to turn it. A little dry chain oil in the right spot and running it back and forth by hand seems to have freed it up and it seems to be working again. In fact, it's significantly quieter making adjustments (like the initial calibration) than when I first bought it.

mmachado70

Postby mmachado70 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:11 am

Dear friends,
My name is Marcelo and I am from Brazil. I am having serious problem with my Elite Qubo Digital (Smart / Interative), and I am looking for your different experiences to help me to identify what is happening..
Since I bought this equipment I have been using Zwift and so far I have never had any problems, but now, since last week, when I am using this trainner on Zwift (conected to Zwift App) the resistance simply becomes high (very high), the power value that appears on the computer screen is low (low power reading) and the flywheel super hot. Even after several actions that I performed (disconnect and reconnect to Zwift / switching off the power for a few minutes / turning the power off and on / removing Zwift App from the computer and then reinstalling it again); the trainner did not go back to reset itself.

Please, have any of you ever had a similar problem? Managed to solve ? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Marcelo Machado
(mmachado70@yahoo.com.br)

stephen.robinson71

Postby stephen.robinson71 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Exact same issue here. My phone died part way through a Zwift climb and now the trainer seems stuck in an impossibly high setting. Also periodically buzzes like it's mechanically trying to reset something but fails. Tried resetting the power in the myEtraining app, installing and uninstalling all connected apps... Nothing seems to work. @elite surely with this many people having the same problem there must be a general solution by now. My Novo Smart trainer is only 6 months old.

smiles

Postby smiles » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Same issue as above. very hard to get power above 100W on swift and also noticed that myEtraining app shows say 100W while Zwift shows 35W.

Harder pressure tyres and removal of plastic material from the trainer has helped. Now trying to up the P1,2,3 values

Any helps appreciated

mole on a bike

dsta8@hotmail.com

Postby dsta8@hotmail.com » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:27 pm

it's been a while since I posted. had the problem two years ago. elite replied immediately with instructions on how to fix it. basically, you have to open it up. there is a shaft connected to a motor that moves the magnets forwards and backwards / closer or away from the wheel. this shaft gets stuck in one of the extreme positions. I was able to fix it then (two years ago).

problem came up again a couple of weeks ago but I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried turning the shaft at both ends but it went back to the high resistance setting and it's stuck there. someone in previous post mentioned to put a bit of dry lubricant somewhere along the shaft. just wish I know exactly where.

wish I could post pictures here, I could post the doc that elite sent me.

DO NOT move the trainer difficulty setting in ZWIFT!!! leave it to default. have a feeling that is what the Qubo can't handle.

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”