Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ (won't re-calibrate)

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

ricki332

Re: Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ (won't re-calibrate)

Postby ricki332 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:55 pm

Today I had the same issue while I was running on Zwift (2 days ago I did the last workout of 2h 30min and it worked perfectly): high resistance and low power displayed, very difficult to reach 100W.

One week ago I increase the difficult on Zwift setting from 50% to 100%. Probably the trainer is not able to reach this load and now the shaft is blocked?
Tomorrow I'll unmount the Qubo and I'll try to fix it (and take some pictures for you). I hope to do it!!

mtornos

Postby mtornos » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm

ricki332 wrote:Tomorrow I'll unmount the Qubo and I'll try to fix it (and take some pictures for you). I hope to do it!!

Please! Share it with us!!!

ricki332

Postby ricki332 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Today I unmouted the Qubo.
The slide that moves the 2 magnets and the endless screw were full of brass powder.
The system didn't slide well.
I degreased all the components and reassembled them by putting a little of grease (molybdenum disulfide).

* NOTE: Unmount the trainer is simple, but to unscrew the nut on the flywheel you need a pneumatic or electric screw driver, because otherwise it could be difficult. *

Now everything works as before and the trainer has become very silent.
I hope I have been helpful.

lucianacosta0307

Postby lucianacosta0307 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:23 pm

mmachado70 wrote:Dear friends,
My name is Marcelo and I am from Brazil. I am having serious problem with my Elite Qubo Digital (Smart / Interative), and I am looking for your different experiences to help me to identify what is happening..
Since I bought this equipment I have been using Zwift and so far I have never had any problems, but now, since last week, when I am using this trainner on Zwift (conected to Zwift App) the resistance simply becomes high (very high), the power value that appears on the computer screen is low (low power reading) and the flywheel super hot. Even after several actions that I performed (disconnect and reconnect to Zwift / switching off the power for a few minutes / turning the power off and on / removing Zwift App from the computer and then reinstalling it again); the trainner did not go back to reset itself.

Please, have any of you ever had a similar problem? Managed to solve ? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Marcelo Machado
(mmachado70@yahoo.com.br)

Hi Marcelo
Im Luciana (from brazil also)
Did you find a solution for your case? Im having the same problem with a flat tire 3x in 20 days because of the pressure.
Thanks for any update from your side =)
(lucianacosta0307@gmail.com)

dpflug

Postby dpflug » Mon May 18, 2020 8:15 pm

ricki332 wrote:Today I unmouted the Qubo.
The slide that moves the 2 magnets and the endless screw were full of brass powder.
The system didn't slide well.
I degreased all the components and reassembled them by putting a little of grease (molybdenum disulfide).

* NOTE: Unmount the trainer is simple, but to unscrew the nut on the flywheel you need a pneumatic or electric screw driver, because otherwise it could be difficult. *

Now everything works as before and the trainer has become very silent.
I hope I have been helpful.

Hi!

As far as I can tell, I think this will solve my issue. However, I tried to remove the nut on the flywheel but axle appears to be turning with it.. Despite the flywheel being clamped. Did you have any issue similar to this?

thanks!

fkflee

Postby fkflee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:27 pm

ashted wrote:Turns out there's a threaded shaft inside that got so bound up that the motor which is supposed to adjust the resistance doesn't have the strength to turn it. A little dry chain oil in the right spot and running it back and forth by hand seems to have freed it up and it seems to be working again. In fact, it's significantly quieter making adjustments (like the initial calibration) than when I first bought it.

Can you share photo and instruction.

My Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ trainer is having similar issue. i.e. The power reading low, but the effort required is high, and it makes weird noise when the controlled power level is changing.

marek774

Postby marek774 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 am

first I unscrew the red top cover and the black side cover. Then, using a small screw on the shaft(golden thing), I turned the shaft(golden thing) down (if you look at the trainer from the back so to the left) by about one turn. I did it with a screwdriver (although it's hard to turn but it works)
and here are the pictures:
https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... d52f4cbf63
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2n_HS ... p=drivesdk
Attachments
received_382449809426786.jpeg
use that little screw to turn the golden thing
received_382449809426786.jpeg (106.25 KiB) Viewed 15307 times

this.kliment

Postby this.kliment » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Did you put off the magnet holder? What is the polarity of the magnets? Are they attracted to each other or are they repulsed?

jsti1000

Postby jsti1000 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Hello Elite. I have qubo elite digital smart b+ interactive smart trainer. I have the same problem as I replied on it. To hard to ride on flats and to low resistance uphills. P1... For flats I encrise p values p2 823 and p3 782 so I can ride on zwift. Advanced calibration on my Etrainig app is almost impossible as well do a erg mode training on zwift...
I'm waiting now for elite suito to get most from zwift and could do some workout. Maybe I'll choose direto xr. Still in dilema. If anyone knows what is the reason for qubo wrong calculation please let me know. Thanks and greetings. Ride on

wie_san_lau

Postby wie_san_lau » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:21 pm

marek774 wrote:first I unscrew the red top cover and the black side cover. Then, using a small screw on the shaft(golden thing), I turned the shaft(golden thing) down (if you look at the trainer from the back so to the left) by about one turn. I did it with a screwdriver (although it's hard to turn but it works)
and here are the pictures:
https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... d52f4cbf63
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2n_HS ... p=drivesdk

Hi there, I also opened up the covers, my screw is facing upwards, not down like in your photo. To take off the flywheel, do I just use a spanner to unbolt? Then after do I just clean up the metal dust and crease the plastic?

Here's a video of it when I plug it in, nothing is moving - is it supposed to look like that? :roll:
https://youtu.be/N5qkEjMEjRY

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”