Help needed

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Arjen

Help needed

Postby Arjen » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:32 am

Hoi,

I've been struggling to get my Qubo to get more or less acceptable power values.
I am an 260 W rider, this is what i came to know from my earlier Direto.
My bike has no powermeter.
My Qubo makes me a 170W rider, so that is a real difference.

To correct this I took the spreadsheet to recalculate P1 an P2 from a 40kph P3 run.
I took a wattage calculator (internet) to calculate normal power for 40kph and 84kg, no frontwind, no slope.
This was around 320W, it differs a bit for which calculator you use.
When I recalculate P1 and P2 with this value and do another run I am suddenly a 340W rider.
Although this seems nice, it is not real.

I think the calculated 40kph value is right but the slope P1 and P2 values from the spreadsheet are not.
I need to know which slope belongs with the different P values.
What is a medium slope, what is a high slope ?
The spreadsheet doesn't make a difference for weight, which is an important aspect for slopes.
I weigh around 84 kg.

Which help do I need ?
Can someone with a powermeter on his or here bike do a rundown (like in the My Etraining app) for me by first putting his/here weight to 84kg and then give me the values the powermeter (not the Qubo) presents ?
Can anyone tell me which slopes (in percentage) belongs to P1 and P2 ?

Thanks for reading this story and i hope you can help me out.

Elite Admin S

Re: Help needed

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:24 am

Hi

Nobody can give you a calibration point set, as calibration depends also on your tire and other variables (not only weight).
If you are able to find a friend which has a power sensor, it's possible to do a very precise calibration.
Otherwise you can anyway modify your calibration points manually considering that:
- P1 refers to medium/high slopes, P2 refers to light slopes, P3 plain road
- if the trainer brakes too much, you have to increase the value
- if the trainer brakes too little, you have to decrease the value
- change the value of around 20-30 points at time

If still you struggle to calibrate it properly, contact the customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

Arjen

Re: Help needed

Postby Arjen » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:49 pm

Hoi Admin, thanks for your reply.

I think your reply is a little strange because in other post you say that factory default is usually spot on.
According to what you suggest above this can't be true because there are other variables like weight, tyre sort and pressure which differ per rider.
That makes a friend with a powermeter also useless, because this friend's powermeter is installed on his bike, with another tyre and tyre pressure.
Also in other posts you say that the QUBO is independent from rider weight and so on.

Confusing, and as you can see in previous posts there seem to be quit a lot of people struggling with powersettings for the qubo digital smart b+.

So, the only good way to calibrate this trainer is when you have a powermeter on your own trainerbike.
But there is most likely a marketing discrepancy because most people who buy a budget trainer don't have a powermeter.
Exactly what Shane Miller has to say about this trainer.

I think it must be possible to:
Advise tyre pressure for a certain rider weight. For example: 80kg -> 8bar.
Advise special trainer tyre.
In that case it must be possible to make a little diagram for P1,2,3 related to rider weight.

I really hope you can publish something like this so we can use this trainer in a honest competative way.

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”