Higher power values than from power meter

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

svoby1

Higher power values than from power meter

Postby svoby1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:49 pm

Hello,

I made a test to compare power values from my trainer Qubo smart B+ and from my power meter (inpeak on the left crank arm). From the post-ride analysis, I have found that values from the trainer are more than 15% higher than from crank power meter. I calibrated bike power meter before that ride.
I tried to calibrate the trainer via MyElite application but the process is not straightforward and frankly, I lost during the calibration. My question is: can you help me please, how to calibrate the trainer to measure more precise power values? I have found tutorials without a power meter, but I would like to have a tutorial/instructions to calibrate the trainer with a power meter.

Thank you for your help in advanced.

Lukas

svoby1

Re: Higher power values than from power meter

Postby svoby1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:23 pm

Well, finally I have found how to calibrate a trainer with a power meter. I made two calibration processes, but from both, I got totally different results.

1st calibration:
P1: 55
P2: 95
P3: 165

2nd calibration:
P1: 65
P2: 130
P3: 270

I have done all on-screen instructions, my power meter on the crank was calibrated as well (before trainer calibration). After the last calibration, I run Zwift and compare power in zwift against power from the crank. At about zwift 125W I had around 100w from the crank. At about zwift 180w I had around 165w from the crank. Both power values are set to 3s average.
Should I set factory default P values? Or how to set P values to correspond power with crank power?

Thank you.

Lukas

derx

Re: Higher power values than from power meter

Postby derx » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

I have exactly the same issue. Everytime I calibrate (on which you need to do the 10min warmup every time) I get a completely different result, although I use the exact same gears and same cadence. It makes the power output from the trainer completely unreliable, and thus the training is useless (too heavy or too light).

Can anyone explain what the P1, P2, P3 values mean, and how they relate to eachother? Maybe if it's clear how they relate we can build our own curve for our trainer, and calculate the correct values

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”