Qubo digital smart b+ target power with powermeter - trouble + macbook app trouble with calibration

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

zelo.tomas

Qubo digital smart b+ target power with powermeter - trouble + macbook app trouble with calibration

Postby zelo.tomas » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello, I have recently purchased Qubo digital smart b+ trainer, I have Garmin Vector 2 (left+right) powermeter and I have Garmin Edge 520 as a display unit. When I connect trainer to the Garmin Edge in order to adjust the resistance by adjusting the target power, while having Garmin Vectors as a powersource, the following happens:
1) I set a target power on the Edge for let's say 200 W
2) Trainer adjusts while I am constantly pushing cca 300 W (as shown by Vector powermeter) and resistance stays on this level.
3) therefore it seems that my trainer should be calibrated.

The same happens in apps like Zwift/TrainerRoad. I understand that I shall calibrate the trainer properly (which I did and it helped) - I was just wondering why is it so, that when I target certain power, it targets the one within the trainer power map and not the one on the powermeter.

Just to add that after calibration my P1, P2 and P3 are 210, 205, 140.

Re Calibration - i used the macbook My etraining app however during the calibration process, after the 10 minute warm up I was cycling at the required speed however during the P1 measurement, the app never asked me to input the P1 value, so I just kept spinning for about 30 minutes, after which I quit the process since it seemed weird. After this I opened the iPhone app and it worked well (however I was manually inputting the P1, P2 and P3 values during the calibration process since I was not able to connect my Garmin Vectors with iPhone). Are you aware of this problem with the macbook app please?

Thank you
Tomas

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”