newbie trying to set up Qubo Digital Wireless

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

gsto

newbie trying to set up Qubo Digital Wireless

Postby gsto » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 pm

I have never used a trainer before so I hope my questions arent too silly

I bought a second hand Elite Qubo Digital Wireless trainers. Have read the manual but have a problems setting it up

1. Is there a instruction video on youtube for newbies? I cant fin any, only test videos and unboxing videos on youtube..
2. The the pairing with the resistance unit seem to be okay (look at the display in the attached picture) . When I am starting to pedal I cant find any setting where I can see speed and regulating the resistance (the watt I assume?) doesnt make any changes on the trainer. What is the best way to figure out if its actually working?
3. Is there any way to reset the computer unit entirely? I am not sure if the programs I can access is set by the previous owner.
4. I have installed the My E training app on my Iphone. I currently dont have my pulse belt present, so the installation stops when I come to configuring (the display says: ANT Dongle not connected). Do the app have to be installed in order to get the trainer to work properly?
5. The Model is : S/N Q 08681. The names can sometimes be very similar. My trainer is a Elite Qubo Digital Wireless?? Or is the official name another one?

denvikingrhothgar

Re: newbie trying to set up Qubo Digital Wireless

Postby denvikingrhothgar » Sat May 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi

You'll find limited help on this forum I'm afraid. They do not seem to provide legacy support for older models which is pretty sad in my view because if I wanted to buy a brand new turbo trainer, I would think twice as to how long they were going to provide support for.

Luckily, I've been through the pain barrier.

You need to download and install MyETraining app and I also installed iQubo. The issue there is it is not supported on latest iOS so I ended up using an old iPhone 4S which is PAINFULLY slow at loading TrainerRoad.

Android seems to have less issues as they tend to have ANT+ protocol built in.

If you are intending to use with TrainerRoad, I start iQubo first and set the resistance using the Level mode in Base Training and then go to my TR app and make sure the Level is set within Devices to match whatever level you set it to in iQubo or MyETraining.

Don't make the schoolboy mistake I made and set it to Level 7 in TR and then believe you're pushing out 250W without breaking a sweat... (because it's still set on Level 1 in the iQubo app.

Also, if you do use iPhone (and perhaps android too) if you close the iQubo programme down, it sends a set resistance to 1 command to the head unit. You should leave both apps open.

Another annoying thing with the iQubo app, is when you switch windows between that and another app, it automatically changes the Level to 1 without actually altering in so when you switch back you will see it at Level 1 and a few moments later the motor will adjust back down to Level 1.

This is, of course, not a problem if you do not intend to use it in this manner.

Have fun!

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”